“First Time and Last Time for This Deep Dish Pizza”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Willowbrook
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Famous Chicago-style deep dish pizza right in your neighborhood. Visit us for a family-friendly atmosphere and delicious food or order your meal online for pickup or delivery.
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I am not sure why all of the good reviews on this deep dish Chicago Pizza but, it must be where that old saying comes in, “To each his own.” I grew up eating homemade Italian Pizza. Our family had a pizza business for over 50 years with homemade crust, sauce and sausage. The cheese was the best, right in from Chicago. Everything was made from scratch, and everything was made with the highest quality and freshest ingredients. I have had a handful of pizzas that I consider very good but this was not one of them by far. I understand that it is suppose to be a Chicago style deep dish which puts it in a category by itself but it still has to have a good flavor for me to ever want to eat it again. The deep dish Chicago style pizza that I like in another city has a flakey, bakery crust that is perfectly done every time. This crust was tasteless and too dark. You can tast that it was over cooked and too brown instead of a nice golden color. The green peppers are cut into huge chunks along with their onion. At least take the time to chop them into bite size pieces. Their sauce looks and taste like they opened a can of whole tomatoes, squished them and then mixed them with a can of tomato sauce, and maybe some tomato pate for the thickness. Very bland and no flavor! It looked and tasted like one big mess to me. With the extra time it took to cook this deep dish, you would think it would be too hot to eat when it arrived at the table but the opposite. It was room temperature leaning on the side of cool. Did they let it set up there too long before it was served or what? I’m not exactly sure. We had a family salad served while the pizza was cooking and they completely over dressed it. The lettuce was soggy and they had a small puddle on the plate from all of the dressing. Maybe ask the people that you are serving if they prefer extra dressing like maybe our server likes it. I do not! I feel like I am being very generous by giving Giordano’s an average rating. If I ever dine at any Giordano’s again, I will not be eating the pizza. This restaurant was clean, that is the best I can say about it.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Coming to Chicago, you need a deep dish from here. One of the best pizza I've ever had. I'd call it a pizza pie. Wow

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is the place to order deep-dish pizza. The restaurant is very nice - the management easy to deal with - the staff cordial and helpful - the menu varied if you don't want just pizza. We go there every chance we get. It also is great for carry-out.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is the 4th Giordanos I have been in. Atmosphere was nice, resturant was clean. Waiter was attentive and nice. Pizza was fantastic. We had a large sausage and a large italian beef pizza. Couldn't go wrong with either.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Restaurant was packed early on a Saturday night, a testimony to just how good the food is! We enjoyed a Chicago-style deep dish sausage, mushroom, onion, and green pepper. It is as delicious! Server was extremely busy, but friendly and attentive. Give this place a try, you'll be glad you did!