Lowest prices for your stay
$214
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Hotels.com$214
Priceline$214
Travelocity$213
All reviews fitness center hot tub bed was very comfortable valet parking conference lobby robe starbucks shampoo uber
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2022

I stayed here for a conference and was disappointed to see how far it is from Chicago and the airport. I spent over $250 in Lyft/Uber rides to go into the city one time and to go to and from the airport. The hotel itself has a beautiful lobby are and comfortable rooms. The rooms are spacious and I enjoyed the comfortable bed and little amenities (like a bathrobe and shampoo in the shower). The food situation though is frustrating... when I asked about breakfast the check-in said "we have a starbucks on site." So the line for the starbucks was quite long each morning and I would've had to wake up an hour earlier to get breakfast before the start of the conference. There is a Dunkin' Donuts in walking distance, but their line gets just as long. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance, but they get full and one night they didn't have any tables available without a reservation. The room didn't have a microwave in it (I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel room with no microwave) so all leftovers were eaten cold. The conference rooms are large and in excellent condition.

Room tip: I was on the 4th floor overlooking the roof of the conference center, with excellent views of the air conditioners.
Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
A K, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2022

Thank you for the feedback.

While it's great you enjoyed your time with us so much, we regret that our services didn't meet your expectations. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll be sure to discuss your feedback with our team moving forward.

We look forward to hosting you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2022 via mobile

My husband and I always came to this hotel for our anniversary with our children as there is so much to do in the area. Wheeling PD Aquatic Park, Botanical Gardens, SuperDawg, Nickel City Arcade. My kids love this trip. Unfortunately my husband had an accident he didn’t survive and we aren’t a family of 4 anymore. It took a lot of courage for us to come back as 3. This time for winter break. I made a mistake in the reservation process. Destiny was the first person to try and help. I felt like I really messed up and lost our trip. Christina ultimately saved the day for me and without my kids knowing there was any snag in the plans we arrived to the property. We received the warmest welcome from Mario. He explained the parking, our accommodations, which was the most immaculate room with an amazing view. He showed us the elevators, market, the pool and the fitness center. He even made recommendations for fun in the neighborhood. There was breakfast in the restaurant which we enjoyed. The same restaurant I heard even has an elaborate Sunday Brunch which we are adding to the agenda. Thank you to everyone who helped me make this special for my kids and I workout even knowing our situation. The Salerno Fam

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
A K, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2022

Danielle, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent review with us.

It made us so happy to hear we were able to take care of you and your family during your recent visit and that you loved your breakfast from our on-site restaurant! We're delighted our staff made you feel welcomed and could assist you in any way possible. We'll make sure to share your kind words with Destiny, Christina and Mario. It will absolutely make their day hearing your kind words.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this. We hope to have you and you family back soon for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 6 January 2022 via mobile

If I paid more for the room it would have gotten 3 stars instead of 4.
- Parking: The only close parking is for the on site restaurant or valet parking. Hotel guests are asked to park on either side of the hotel. Check out google maps- it’s NOT close like most hotels would be. Best option is to either valet or park on the south side and walk in through the doors to the conference areas. At least then you’re out of the weather while you get your steps in.
- I encountered 3 female employees working the front counters when I arrived around 4 pm or so. The 2 that I spoke with were anything but welcoming. They were cold and standoffish. They made a bad first impression of the hotel. The 2 people at the front counters the next morning were much more pleasant.
- The hotel has a slightly elegant, classic style. I enjoyed the older style yet it is tired. It is definitely time for some repairs of the aesthetic nature. Wood furniture is chipped and scraped, stain worn off in areas, cabinet doors no longer closing properly, stains on bathroom counters and in toilet.
- Room appeared to be clean although the tiredness of the finishes and the stains would initially imply otherwise.
- The room was spacious, comfortable, bed and pillows excellent, HVAC quiet.
- The coffee shop was referred to as a gift shop but really is more of a sundry/convenience store with a Starbucks.
- I appreciated the robe provided in the room
- The hotel was very quiet but did not seem to have many occupants on the night of my stay.
- As of 01/2022, the hotel requires masks be worn by everyone in the public areas.
I would consider staying here again but would encourage some staff training on welcoming guests.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tbga53107
A K, General Manager at The Westin Chicago North Shore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2022

Thank you for the 4/5 review!

It's excellent you enjoyed your time with us so much! We're delighted you appreciated our classic style, cleanliness, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, peaceful atmosphere, and amenities. We care deeply about the happiness and satisfaction of our guests so we'll address your concerns regarding our service and furnishing accommodations with our team moving forward. We strive for excellence so we look forward to sharing an even better experience with you soon!

Reviewed 23 December 2021

Hello, we booked your property for a little staycation for my daughters 6th birthday . Cristina the Front Office Supervisor was by far one of the most professional, polite, knowledgeable and friendly staff I have EVER encountered at a hotel. She is a true treasure to your hotel and the reason I will come back .

Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 10 December 2021

Had high expectations for my business stay at the Westin.
Big, spacious hotel, with large rooms and a very comfortable bed.
Hall ways, carpet, lifts, all looking a little tired as were the bathrooms
The onsite coffee shop was useful, and good but not always open when you wanted it to be.
The onsite Italian restaurant definitely worth a miss as its shuts early Monday/Tuesdays, the service was rude and very poor except for a waitress called Sarah (who had recently started and was very good) but all other staff were definitely not customer facing and the food was definitely not good either

Date of stay: December 2021