“Great hotel for the price!”

Chicago Club Inn Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westmont
Bardstown KY
“Great hotel for the price!”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We were very pleased with the continental breakfast, "manager's reception" and swimming pool/hot tub. Easy drive (around 20-25 minutes) to downtown Chicago. Although some of the decor and carpet wsa a little outdated, it was well worth the money. We would definitely stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if don't like to climb stairs (inside), need to request a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Clarendon Hills, IL
Reviewed 4 October 2011

For years, I have recommended this property "in the blind' to out of town visitors - especially within my own family that reside in New York. Owing to an electrical power outage at my home occurring last July 11 and with the utility advising me "it is not coming back anytime soon', I "bailed out" for what was a two night stay at a hotel property a mile and a half from my home.

After my stay, I know that I did not do any disfavors to anyone with my recommendation.

Even if the room's TV is still a "round screen', everything was clean and immaculate. The hotel offers complimentary "nibbles' that at other properties at which i have stayed are in the "mini-bar' - and we know that is hardly 'comp' for anyone other than "platinum elite" (or whatever the brand name of the day happens to be) rewards plan members.

The "Happy Hour' with 'comp' alcoholic beverages is a nice extra.

Now what I find is a real 'value added' is the comp Breakfast; so far as I am concerned this Breakfast is on a par with that served at a full-service Marriott or Courtyard - and those you get to pay for. Unlike other major brand 'comp Breakfasts' (Holiday Inn Express; Hilton Hampton), you will dine on ceramic ware and using metal flatware - and the Breakfast offerings are "good',

Club House is a very small chain comprising not more than ten properties nationwide. But if you plan to travel to an area at which there is a property, and even though to my knowledge they only have a of rewards plan good at their limited array of properties, I would heartily recommend "checking them out".

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Strafford, Missouri
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The breakfast was not the greatest And we asked if we could have 2 extra pillows and were told they didn't have any. There were 4 of us And you only get enough towels for 2 which is crazy. The beds were not comfortable at all And the indoor pool was cold. Just an ok stay And not So sure we would visit again

• Stayed September 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 23 September 2011

very clean rooms, comfortable bed, good rate
That being said, I learned my grandmother passed last Tues, checked with family to see who was making the trip to Chicago, researched hotels on tripadvisor and on Wed booked two rooms at Clubhouse Inn & Suites. As I am upset, I mistakingly book both rooms for Wed night, not Thurs night. I did not realize this until we arrived to check in Thurs (the night we actually needed). I spoke with the manager and was told they had two rooms available and they would charge us for both rooms Wed (no show/did not cancel). I explained the situation and asked if we could meet half way and they only charge me one night. She said no and I have now been charged three nights rate for one night's stay.

We now need to return to Chicago for several days over the next couple of months to organize Grandma's things, even though the location's perfect and the rooms are nice, we won't stay here. What a shame.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dssand

Travellers are raving about these Westmont hotels

Indianapolis
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We had never stayed at a ClubHouse Inn & Suites befoere and I'll tell you, this place was pretty good. I normally chose upper mid properties such as Fairfield, Hampton, Hilton Garden Inns and such and avoid true mid's like Days Inns and Super 8's. This chain seems right between the two.

Nice room, nice beds, not luxe but a great place to stay. Clean and well appointed. They allowed us an early check in which was nice. Indoor pool was okay and Service was good (except for the one guy that I pried away from the TV show that he was watching). Breakfast was great and filling and the attendents aimed to please.

Good location fror SW, West and NW suburbs and O'Hare. The drive downtown took 25 minutes on a Sunday morning. Nice,

Two downers: 1. For handicapped guests, the first entrance on the North side is a handicapped entrance but the cement is cracked and gapped and I doubt that a wheelchair bound person on their own, could not get up that ramp. 2. No elevators.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Doodle1011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westmont
0.3 km away
6.1 km away
SureStay Plus Hotel Chicago Lombard
5.1 km away
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard

Been to Chicago Club Inn Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK