“Good Chinese food”
Review of Yu's Mandarin

Yu's Mandarin
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Westmont
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I had been this restaurant twice since my hotel was very close it. I could even walk to there. I had no any other choice when I was just arrived without rent car. The Chinese food was good, but over-price. The same dish at the corner of the same plaza was only half-price.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

High quality Chinese food. Extensive menu. Great experience whether you dine in their beautiful restaurant or take it to go. Never had a bad experience with anything my family has ordered. You know its great food when you have absolutely NO leftovers!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

If you like Peking Duck, Yu's is the place for dinner. You do need to order 24 hours in advance. We asked them to slice it in the back. The waiter prepared the pancake, plum sauce, greens and duck at our table. The skin was crispy and tasty and the dark duck meat was flavorful without being greasy. The price increased to $48 - more than what's stated online. We also had Szechwan Beef that was very good - crispy & well seasoned. This was my favorite dish of the night.

We also shared the noodle dish medley of chicken, scallops & shrimp in a white sauce with Yu's famous noodles. Delicate flavors but the chicken was a bit chewy. There was enough leftover to take home and it was delicious the next day.

If you have an opportunity to see their "Noodle Show" it is amazing. I saw it at their Schaumburg restaurant on a previous visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Spicy vegetable soup is to die for. Also LOVE the lettuce wrap appetizer. Pretty much everything is really good there. We are regulars at this place. Try their blue lotus drink with some egg rolls. I wish they didn't serve their egg roll and pot sticker sauces cold though. They would be better at room temperature. Waiter Jack is the best!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 8 July 2016

My friend heard that this was a great restaurant so we planned to go there. When we arrived we stood in the front for a couple minutes without anyone coming to seat us (the restaurant was not busy). The waitress took us to the only table without silverware (weird). My friend was asking for Chinese greens and the waitress didn't understand what she wanted even though they were on the menu and she was describing them, They were even picture on the dish I ordered. When we got the soup it wasn't hot at all. It wasn't cold, either so I ate it anyway. The egg roll was full of tough cabbage, otherwise OK. Not much flavor. The reason I am giving it a better rating was that my entrée was really quite good. I had pan fried noodles and seafood. My brother had Dragon and Phoenix. I tasted a bite and it was very good, too.
So, the entrees saved the day. Since it was a bit of a trip for us we will not be returning. I enjoy some of the Chinese restaurants closer to him.
There was a Chinese store by Yu's that was fun to go into.

Date of visit: July 2016