“Ribs, Chicken, Mac Cheese, and Rib Tips for the table”

Nine One One BBQ Shack
Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in West Chicago
Neighbourhood: West Morgan Park
Neighbourhood: West Morgan Park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were in the community and stop at Nine One One BBQ Shack.

The place is right on the corner. The space is very clean and the staff is friendly.

The food will keep you coming back. We have heard about the coming back for more. Yes more of the Mac and cheese that is like what your mother made. The collard green has favor. They use smoke turkey in the recipe.

Ready to eat
In to you mouth
Bones will not hold on to the tender smoked meat

Take you time
In the next piece of meat
Pause and eat some fries
Sauce just top off the favor

RIB TIPS is one meat selection.
They have St. Louis, large slat, and small end too..

The chicken is on the was home for snack and dinner.

Yesssssssss praise the Lord for this place….

We spoke with Mr. Brother Trotter ……. Just outside after he got our orders to go!

He did wash up before coming outside to greet up alone with other coming into the place…

They smoke the meat for at least 4-5 hours…..
Make sure you call and place your order. They ran of candy sweet potatoes.

Shalom

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2)
Reviewed 16 February 2020

This BBQ shack is really nice inside. I love the way they did the interior. The seating is very limited here, so be ready to only sit 2 people to your group, or do carry out. That is the only limitation here. Everything from that point is up, Up, UP!!! I have had a lot of BBQ, and most of it is either top notch Texas BBQ, or Tennessee BBQ. I have had few BBQ experiences that put those areas of this country to shame. Well, I was again amazed at what 911 has going on. It was my first time eating here. Me and Q showed up and were greeted by warm and friendly workers! Warm and Friendly makes the Dream Work!! Every time!! Now on to the food. The most difficult dishes to get right, in my opinion, are the coleslaw and the mac&cheese. Man, this joint knocked both of those dishes out of the park! The coleslaw is a sweeter variety, so if you love that, then get an extra side of this. The Mac&cheese is the moist, gooey kind, so if that is the stick to your ribs variety you are craving, get another side of it. Now, the chopped brisket Sandwich! POW! Smacks you in the face with all the great taste you need from Brisket!! POW POW!! The sauce they pour over the brisket keeps you wanting more. One thing I would love to try from this place is a burnt ends meal. Literally, when I was finished eating here, I wanted to order all of it over again! It's that good. Q and I were having a debate afterwards. We were not sure if they smoke all this wonderful meat onsite, or if they cook it else where and bring it in. Not that it matters, but we were curious. One thing is for sure, if you don't stop at 911 BBQ Shack, then you going to miss out on one of the best things this part of town has going on. Period!! So don't be a SUCKER and miss out on this damn good stuff here!!

Date of visit: February 2020