“Reasonable, comfortable and clean”

Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Waukegan
Brecksville, Ohio
“Reasonable, comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed here 4 times over 4 weeks for work. The price was reasonable and the room was clean and quiet. Each room has a kitchenette with refrigerator, 2 burner electric stove and microwave. No complimentary breakfast or restaurant on-site. However, restaurants and a WalMart with full grocery are nearby.

The best thing about this hotel is that they provide a complimentary membership to a local LA Fitness Healthclub nearby. The club is new and has all you could want and more if you are a fitness person.

Improvements that could be made at this hotel:
1. Slow wired internet. I think they are in the process of implementing wireless.
2. Outdated TV. Good selection of TV channels however the TV was old and no High Def.
3. Noisy, inefficient hair dryer. The hair dryer was old, made alot of noise and took forever to dry hair.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank tooo_many_shoes
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June, while visiting family. I typically perfer to stay at more plush hotels and therfore, have pretty high standards. Given our budget and the price here compared to other hotels in the area, i booked this 2 star hotel with low expectations. But I was pleasently surpised, the room was very clean and decent. The bed was comfortable and shower worked great. We didnt get to try the Continental breakfast, but the frontdesk staff was friendly and we had absolutely no problems. I would say, if you are deciding between this hotel and another in its same class for a higher price, definately pick this one! It is conviently located, near highway, near Walmart and several eateries. About a 10 min drive to Gurnee Mills Mall and Six Flags.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DG83
Chandler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

This was the perfect location for access to Great lakes Naval Base. The country store was great value. Free shuttle, everyone else charges. Shuttle does need to leave earlier however. I travel all the time, this was a customer friendly and service oriented hotel and clean.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mascutt
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

My sister and I were here for my son's Graduation from bootcamp. We booked the trip not knowing he was a Grad & Go, which means he went from graduation straight to Texas! I spoke with the attendant and was told I could NOT recieve any kind of refund for my stay! I was so dissappointed I would be stuck here w/o my son. We then went into our room which looked clean enough at first but smelled horrible! That night we heard the people above us walking around at 2 AM!! It woke us both from a dead sleep as we were exhausted from our trip from Florida. We had to lay awake and here this stomping for a good 45 minutes!!! We had to get up at 4:30am to get ready for the graduation!!! You can hear everything your neighbors that are 2 doors down are doing as well as the ones upstairs! The internet is ethernet!!! I couldn't believe this!! I asked for another ethernet cord as my sister and I both had important projects due while we were there... I was told they only had ONE access line into each room!!! I had rented a suite.. it had a seperate bedroom, living area and kitchenette so I expected to at least have 2 access points since they do not offer wireless. When I asked about wireless I was told they didn't have it because it was unsecure and unstable!! WHAT!!! What planet were these people from? When I asked for extra shampoo they were not very nice, didn't even want to "look" for any. We would have been happy with a voucher for a future stay at another Candlewood suites hotel but these people just did not care about our situation or that we were totally UNHAPPY with our stay! The halls SMELL horrible as well and there was not one person there that I would say was nice, friendly, helpful, or smart enough to let try to make this a better stay! I would NEVER send anyone here and would strongly recommend that family of military stay onbase... they will be treated much better! Oh one more thing... we had a foldaway bed and NO sheets, we called the front desk and asked if they could bring us some sheets for it, they were rude and brought then to the door and walked away!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2010

The room was clean, the people friendly. and the price was reasonable. Had one teenage son with us and having a separate bedroom was very nice. I like having the option of eating in so having a small kitchen is nice too.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waukegan
0.8 km away
Sleep Inn at Great Lakes
#1 of 2 in Lake Bluff
1.8 km away
Red Roof Inn Gurnee - Waukegan

Been to Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK