“Very Very Good Food”
Review of Gracie's Sports Grille & Pizza - CLOSED

Gracie's Sports Grille & Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Washington is a fast-growing suburb adjacent to East Peoria and Gracie's, a newer sports bar, is conveniently located next to the Sleep Inn, just off US 24. It's become very popular with visitors as well as locals, and has, in my experience over the past couple years (I first ate there in May of 2010).
Reviewed 28 November 2015

they just closed down a few weeks ago, they had Very Very good food, including the horseshoes, I am going to miss this place!!!

1  Thank Eric F

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

Great food overall. I had the deep dish pizza, I didn't care for the tomato sauce they put over the pizza. My husband loves the buffalo horseshoe! Service a little slow.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

Hit Gracie's for lunch with three co workers. I heard they were going out of business so we decided to go before they closed. They were not busy at all for a Friday around Noon. We sat in the bar area and were taken care of by the bartender. We were given menus and she took our drink order. We ordered when she brought our drinks and then we waited and waited and waited. As time went by the bartender stopped coming to our table to see how we were doing because she could tell we were getting angry....no drink refills....nothing. What made things worse was one of the cooks was sitting at the table right next to us eating his lunch while we waited. I ordered a tenderloin with loaded fries. One ordered a horseshoe with gyro meat and tator tots. Another ordered the gyro platter and the fourth had the patty melt. Our food finally came 40 minutes later. The bartender offered no apology or explanation until I complained. She said they had a group of 20 in their party room so that is why it took so long. I'm sorry but if you have a big group you need to staff for that. The food was good except she forgot to load my fries. The horseshoe was way more than my buddy could eat and my other friends gyro platter had enough for 3 gyros. Well, we certainly had some explaining to do when we returned to work as we were gone over an hour and a half. I like the food and heard that another employee was going to buy the place and keep it going. That's good news fro Gracie's but I don't think I'll be back for lunch.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

You can usually count on a decent sandwich at a sports bar, but I found this not to be the case at Gracie's. I was staying at the Sleep Inn next door and they strongly recommended Gracie's Grille. I wish they had not!

The server was friendly but inattentive As the title of this review stated the salad (an a-la-carte item) ended up being the highlight of my meal, and it was just lettuce (3 types), onions and a tomato slice. No carrots, egg slices, radishes, cabbage or croutons! Crackers were not offered or served!

I was told they were out of tater tots and the Server told me the homemade potato chips were awesome.

I chose the Gyros sandwich and chips. I was very disappointed: The pita bread was not grilled and the gyros meat (while plentiful) was very oily-I used two paper towels to wipe it off.

Most disappointing were the "awesome" homemade potato chips-they were stale. I asked if they were made to order and was informed that they were not-I was offered another choice but I declined and ate very few of the chips.

What surprised me most, as I left, a table was being served their food-and they had tater tots (I was told they were out) and they looked very good.

Well, Gracie's Grille will not be receiving any repeat business from me...

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I had a room in the motel next door and went over, borrowed a menu (their take out menus were all gone) and returned to my room to order before my already damaged eardrums were hurt even more. I ordered a meat gyro and went over to pay for it and pick it up. That transaction was fast as my ears were saying "Get us out of here, boss!" The gyro was about the size of Turkey and Greece combined. In fact, I didn't have a single bite of the bread there was so much tender, flavorable meat. Lots of sauce on the side, not so much onion or tomato - but a really great fork gyro. The restaurant made chips were super, too. The price may have seemed a bit high until unwrapping the serving If I'm back there, I may well return, but will look for ear plugs before going over.