“Overwhelming food and noise”
Review of Gracie's Sports Grille & Pizza - CLOSED

Gracie's Sports Grille & Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Washington is a fast-growing suburb adjacent to East Peoria and Gracie's, a newer sports bar, is conveniently located next to the Sleep Inn, just off US 24. It's become very popular with visitors as well as locals, and has, in my experience over the past couple years (I first ate there in May of 2010).
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I had a room in the motel next door and went over, borrowed a menu (their take out menus were all gone) and returned to my room to order before my already damaged eardrums were hurt even more. I ordered a meat gyro and went over to pay for it and pick it up. That transaction was fast as my ears were saying "Get us out of here, boss!" The gyro was about the size of Turkey and Greece combined. In fact, I didn't have a single bite of the bread there was so much tender, flavorable meat. Lots of sauce on the side, not so much onion or tomato - but a really great fork gyro. The restaurant made chips were super, too. The price may have seemed a bit high until unwrapping the serving If I'm back there, I may well return, but will look for ear plugs before going over.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

My dad and I went to Gracies in Washington for dinner on a Friday evening. It was early so they weren't busy and we were quickly seated. Our waitress took our drink orders while we looked over the menu. This is more of a sports bar and grill with many TV's showing various sporting events. I heard it can get very loud when full so I'm not sure it is a good choice for conversation. I heard they had a good gyro so I gave it a try. My dad had the chicken fingers and fries and I ordered tator tots for my side...who doesn't like tator tots. My dads chicken fingers were good he said...they looked as if they were of the frozen variety but good non the less. They have two options for the gyro. One is the regular and the other is a platter. I asked the server what the difference was. The platter comes with enough meat for two gyros and two pitas. I went with the regular gyro and I am glad I did. There was enough meat here for two gyros....I couldn't even see the pita. It came with tomatoes, onion and a side of cucumber sauce which was creamy and tasty. The tots were hot and crispy. Our server was training someone new but our glasses were kept full. I would definitely come back...maybe I'll try and tackle the gyro platter then.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

The kitchen closes at 9:00, but the wait staff got us food nonetheless. The were very accomodating. I slso ate here during peak hours and it was good, wuick and reasonable. If you are looking for a fun, sports bar atmosphere, this fits the bill.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

We've ate here a few times and are always pleased with our meal. Our last trip there was with another couple. We came in at 6 on a Saturday and were seated immediately. The restaurant surprisingly wasn't very busy. 2 of us had pizza and the other 2 had sandwiches with fries. Everyone was very happy with the food. Our server was attentive and friendly. All in all, another good experience. This is a good place to go with a group as it has a lively atmosphere. I would recommend and will go back.

Reviewed 29 June 2015

The restaurant is located in a strip mall not on the main route, but is worth stopping in. We were seated almost immediately, and had drinks within a couple minutes. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. We ordered a large pizza, and my wife also had a salad. The salad was fresh and delicious. Our pizza was great. We will definitely stop in again when visiting Washington.