“Great location in need of improvements”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Stayed here for busy back to school weekend, as well as solar eclipse. While the hotel was booked full every night, the front desk staff was indifferent at best, surly other times.

Pros: Great location across the street from campus.

Dons: indifferent front desk staff
Funky smells in room, baths and bed linens
Breakfast items constantly run out, replacements not full, so out in five minutes.
We incorrectly assumed that there would be a microwave and refrigerator in the room. NO! When I requested some accommodation, I was told the mini-fridges they had were all in use, and they could not move us, because, as I stated, the hotel was full.
Now, this is late August in Illinois, and temps topped 90 each day we were there.
This has caused my opinion of the entire chain to drop.

One more thing, the whirlpool was out of order the entire stay (3 nights) due to "maintenance needs around the hotel". I did not understand this.

Room Tip: Select a room facing away from University Ave.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HamptonUrbanaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Deborah C,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell us your experience. I apologize that you did not have a better stay. I will share your response with my team so that we may make some necessary improvements. Please contact Management if you are ever in the area again so that we may speak further regarding your recent stay and make sure that the next one is far superior. Again, I am very sorry your experience was not what it should have been and thank you for expressing your concerns.

Laura and Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This was a excellent stay from check-in to checkout.
Upon my arrival Maria at the front desk was very courteous.
My room was very clean. The breakfast was good also.
If you are visiting the University of Illinois this hotel is in walking distance. They have free Wi-Fi, Pool and Fitness Center.
Perkins Restaurant located on the same property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonUrbanaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Greetings From Your Friends at the Hampton Inn!

Thank you for recognizing Maria! We are lucky to have such a wonderful Team Member! I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you again soon, take care!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

It is a nice, clean and quite hotel with many friendly staffs in a safe area. A nice restaurant is located close to this hotel. I would definitely love to come back to this hotel next time. The quality of breakfast can be improved. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonUrbanaGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Greetings From Your Friends at the Hampton Inn!

We appreciate you staying with us and telling everyone about your stay! We will continuously work to improve our breakfast options but we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for the feed back.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Staying 2 nights for my brother's surgery at Carle. The location is good but for the price, that's about it. I am mid stay right now. The room has an odor that I didn't realize until the middle of the night (I'm writing this at 250am). For the price, I was disappointed with the overall quality. Definitely in need of a renovation. I am puzzled by the number of high reviews. Will try to get a better room here for night 2 or lose $ on this room and find another hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Greetings from your Friends at the Hampton Inn,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell us the issues you experienced. I would like to discuss things further if you would please contact the hotel directly. I apologize for the experience you had and will do everything to try to correct your issues. I hope you were able to move to a different room for the second night and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

My main problem was that the room was very small and smelled like smoke. It really effected our allergies. The room did not have a frig. either which was also not a good thing. The gym was very small, the pool was nice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
1.6 km away
2.8 km away
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#14 of 25 in Champaign

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK