Stayed here for busy back to school weekend, as well as solar eclipse. While the hotel was booked full every night, the front desk staff was indifferent at best, surly other times.
Pros: Great location across the street from campus.
Dons: indifferent front desk staff
Funky smells in room, baths and bed linens
Breakfast items constantly run out, replacements not full, so out in five minutes.
We incorrectly assumed that there would be a microwave and refrigerator in the room. NO! When I requested some accommodation, I was told the mini-fridges they had were all in use, and they could not move us, because, as I stated, the hotel was full.
Now, this is late August in Illinois, and temps topped 90 each day we were there.
This has caused my opinion of the entire chain to drop.
One more thing, the whirlpool was out of order the entire stay (3 nights) due to "maintenance needs around the hotel". I did not understand this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located conveniently across the street from the north side of the University of Illinois campus and 1 mile south of I74. We are a newly renovated property and our amenities include a hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool/whirlpool, complimentary Wi-Fi, fitness center and guest laundry facility. Our hotel is a perfect location for your business meeting in the area or your sporting event on the weekend with a large lobby and meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Urbana Hotel Urbana
- Urbana Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana IL - Champaign-Urbana