“This place was horrible ,, it smelled and there where bed bugs every where. I could not stand to stay here another night .”

Knights Inn Urbana Champaign
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The most horrible place I every stayed . The milk and breakfast was old. Just donuts and English muffins for breakfast. On top on that I got bit by bed bugs all night long . Mr and my wife had to switch rooms at 2 o'clock a night. The service in the morning was worst I ever had . I
couldn't even understand a word the man was saying . I recommend you don't stay here . I suggest you go across the streets to those other hotels it's about the same price ...! Good luck of you stay here .

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank John19888
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Traveling through from Ohio to Nebraska with my mom and two young children and was ready for a good night's sleep. Woke up about 1:00 to adjust the temperature in the room and saw bed bugs in both beds when I turned on the light. Closer inspection showed bugs in various stages of development.

The night clerk gave us a different room, but I was unable to sleep the rest of the night. Not a good thing when I had a 10 hour drive ahead of me and I am the only driver.

Tips: 1.) Google motels in advance with location and "bed bugs" 2.) Carry large plastic bags to put possible contaminated items in. and 3) CAREFULLY inspect the room and mattresses.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeanne94
Quad Cities
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We checked in Friday evening 5/6/11. I knew from the moment I walked into this pit that it was going to be bad. I was overwhelmed by the musty smell. The room was very small, which I could deal with if it were clean. This is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to check for bed bugs. Thankfully I didn't see any. I directed my attention to the hair, some looked to be pubic in nature, in the corners of the bathroom floor. I just about barfed. I knew we were going to have to make the best of a bad situation. We couldn't change hotels, because most were completely booked due to the soccer tournament that was going on that weekend. On Saturday, we skipped the breakfast, if you can call it that. Other team families reported stale cereal, one loaf of bread, and one package of english muffins. There was also a cardboard box filled with glazed donuts that looked like they had been sitting in the sun. The garbage in the breakfast area was overflowing. Instead of taking out the garbage, the hotel staff opted to use a 5 gallon bucket for additional garbage. We had time between soccer matches to return to the hotel. As I approached our room, I noticed that our door was WIDE OPEN. No staff was around. The cleaning staff had used the cord from the hair dryer and tied it to the lock on our door. The door was actually tied open. Thankfully, my laptop was still sitting on the table where I had left it. The garbage cans had been emptied and the beds made. There were still pizza boxes and carryout boxes in the room. There were no towels. I called down to the desk and asked if it was common practice to leave a guest room WIDE OPEN. Granted I was mad and ranting and raving a bit, but I refused to accept the explaination that they hadn't finished the room yet. There was nobody around. NO ONE!!!! I hung up on the desk person because I couldn't listen to the line of crap he was giving me. Within a minute, the desk person was at the door with a small plastic grocery bag. He was there to get the pizza boxes. I directed him to the hall where I had thrown the garbage that they had failed to pick up. I was so glad when we checked out Sunday morning. I just wanted out of there. My bill for a two night stay was nearly $180. Way too much money to stay at this property. If you are thinking about booking a room at this property, I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank QCsoccermom
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Although the hotel appeared to be clean it smelled and the sheets had a small blood stain on them (uggghhh) which made me wonder how well the rest of the bedding items were cleaned. The walls were pretty thin and every time some one shut their door the neighbors door would rattle as well. The clock didn't work for me to set the alarm and The "breakfast" they "offered" was a joke as there were very few items to choose from. The hotel staff was not the easiest to understand nor the friendliest when a problem arose. I had a problem with my bill it was "all my banks" fault, according to Jewel the manager, period.. I tried to email the general manager about my concerns and the email address provided on the bill was no longer a valid one. Whatever you do-watch your credit card statements after dealing with these chumps. The best part of my stay there were the wake up calls in the morning, the fact that the TV did work (& had cable) and leaving to come home! I plan on coming back to Urbana next year for the Illinois Marathon but WILL NOT STAY HERE. I will fork over the extra money to stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: keep your expectations low if you choose to stay