“Off interstate and next door to Holiday Inn Express ”
Review of The Pantry

The Pantry
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Tuscola
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Very quaint. I checked Trip Advisor for the highest rated restaurant in Tuscola and found this. I had the grilled Mile High Turkey Club Panini on Marble Rye (Turkey, bacon, pepper jack cheese, spinach, tomato, green chiles and salsa mayo) with potato salad. We had fun picking out special treats to snack on. We will be back!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We always stop here for lunch on our way to visit our daughter in St. Louis. Fresh delicious food, great service and quaint deli and pantry store.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stopped here for an early, easy supper one night when staying at the hotel next door. I had a salad and a sandwich. The salad was great and so was the sandwich. The restaurant was cute. Lots of different things to choose from and look at! Prices were average and the employees were very friendly. I would eat here again!

1  Thank tarajo23
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

My husband were staying at HIE next door so we walked over to find this pantry! Cheeseburger soup was good, I would have liked it alittle hotter but the sandwich was wonderful! I took a picture of the meal! Our 2 meals with drinks were $28.71 so it’s a bit pricey but you pay for fresh ingredients! Recommend for soup & sandwich is your wish!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We stumbled upon this place while traveling on interstate 57. It's right next to the Tuscola Outlets Mall. Doesn't seem like a restaurant at first glance because the sign you see from the road says something about buying food in bulk. We thought it was a just small specialty grocery. It's a cute cafe coffee shop with a fairly large seating area, very clean restroom, and there are baked goods they've made for sale and some snacks like flavored pretzels. There IS also a small bulk grocery and deli inside where you can buy cheeses and meats and bulk ingredients for baking and cooking, dip mixes, fresh eggs, butter, candies, noodles, and various other items. The service was very good. We arrived at 6:30 p.m. on a Thursday and were the only customers.

I'm a picky eater, so I tend to order things "plain" and so here I ordered their Mile High turkey club. It comes with turkey, bacon, peppercorn jack cheese, tomato, lettuce, green chiles, and salsa mayo. I opted for only turkey, bacon, and American cheese. It was toasted like a panini, but they also have a cold option. It was very tasty. I opted for cottage cheese as my side, and it was the smallest portion of cottage cheese I've ever gotten but tasted good. I had a latte also, but the coffee was a bit too strong/bitter for my tastes; however, I like everything super sweet so I'm sure it's because of my tastebuds. They had a pie case full of homemade desserts and I got a slice of chocolate pie, which for ME was fairly good but not sweet enough. That seemed to be the theme for me there, as the half dozen homemade cookies I bought were also not sweet enough for my liking. Prices were average cafe prices. My turkey sandwich with a drink and side was $8.75. Pie was almost $4 I think. Half dozen cookies were $5.

Bottom line, I would totally stop in again for the sandwich but skip dessert. :)

Been to The Pantry? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK