“Once is enough.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The man preparing our food seemed a bit rude.....four of us at the table ordered shrimp, and the other four did not. So he served our shrimp and had four left over and gave one to each of the women that did not order shrimp. Some may think that it is petty to complain however we paid for shrimp not them. He did not share any of there scallops. His portions were off and he just did not come off as professional to me. I'll stick with Chi Tung. This place missed the mark for me.

5  Thank Raquel M

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Went there for lunch ...very nice. Very efficient. For about 12 to 15 dollars a wonderful meal was prepared in front of you. It came with soup or salad (I had both) rice and some wonderful noodles. So much took a nice box home for the next day. Everyone in our group completely agreed with me and all took home enough for another meal. And that was a great lunch.

1  Thank Lovetravel2XO
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I admit, I haven't been to Hamada of Japan in at least 5 years. We used to go here regularly, as we were in the area often. What a change. Had a California roll, as well as a Spicy Tuna roll. I had Tea, while my wife had a Kirin beer. The avocado in the California roll was brown(old) and the Spicy Tuna was not much better. The tea was bitter(old) also.
I imagine the non-sushi food is better, but I won't be back to find out.

1  Thank Edward H
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I have written a couple of positive reviews about Hamada of Japan in Tinley Park in the past. This is one of my families go to places for special occasions and we are again trying to set up another visit for this Sunday. It took me several tries over a few hours to reach someone that would take my reservation yesterday. I called during their published business hours and repeatedly was connected to their useless recording. I discovered that the time I requested yesterday needs to be moved to accommodate one of our family members. I have tried calling this afternoon and again about 8:30 pm - all without success. This is unfortunate. This restaurant has great food and atmosphere and acceptable (at least from my families observations) service when you are at the restaurant. But, this failure to have someone answering the phone at their business when they are open says they have little regard for their customers needs when it comes to reservations. I have seen similar complaints from others online. Apparently customers calling bothers them when they choose not to be bothered. Maybe it is time to find another favorite spot.

1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I really enjoy my time EVERY time I come here. Whether it's for date night with my hunny or with my family on a Saturday evening. I do highly suggest for dinner that you make reservations. The wait time can be as long as 2 hours especially on a holiday. I really wish they would incorporate the entertainment during lunch as they have during dinner time. The cheapest time to go is lunch ( you can order Chicken and Shrimp for less than $25 whereas it may run you around $35 during dinner)

1  Thank Kenisha D