“WOW! How far we've fallen”
Review of Hamada of Japan

Hamada of Japan
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I admit, I haven't been to Hamada of Japan in at least 5 years. We used to go here regularly, as we were in the area often. What a change. Had a California roll, as well as a Spicy Tuna roll. I had Tea, while my wife had a Kirin beer. The avocado in the California roll was brown(old) and the Spicy Tuna was not much better. The tea was bitter(old) also.
I imagine the non-sushi food is better, but I won't be back to find out.

1  Thank Edward H

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I have written a couple of positive reviews about Hamada of Japan in Tinley Park in the past. This is one of my families go to places for special occasions and we are again trying to set up another visit for this Sunday. It took me several tries over a few hours to reach someone that would take my reservation yesterday. I called during their published business hours and repeatedly was connected to their useless recording. I discovered that the time I requested yesterday needs to be moved to accommodate one of our family members. I have tried calling this afternoon and again about 8:30 pm - all without success. This is unfortunate. This restaurant has great food and atmosphere and acceptable (at least from my families observations) service when you are at the restaurant. But, this failure to have someone answering the phone at their business when they are open says they have little regard for their customers needs when it comes to reservations. I have seen similar complaints from others online. Apparently customers calling bothers them when they choose not to be bothered. Maybe it is time to find another favorite spot.

1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I really enjoy my time EVERY time I come here. Whether it's for date night with my hunny or with my family on a Saturday evening. I do highly suggest for dinner that you make reservations. The wait time can be as long as 2 hours especially on a holiday. I really wish they would incorporate the entertainment during lunch as they have during dinner time. The cheapest time to go is lunch ( you can order Chicken and Shrimp for less than $25 whereas it may run you around $35 during dinner)

1  Thank Kenisha D
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Ate hibachi style since I was with a large group for business. However if you want to order sushi just ask for the menu. I ordered smoked salmon in addition to the hibachi filet mignon meal. Ask for your food cooked plain on the hibachi grill if you are mindful nutrition wise. The food taste just as good. Otherwise there will be enough oil and butter on your food to cook with for a lifetime lol. Keep in mind you get a lot of noodles and rice so if you only want a small serving ask for a half serving of each so the food is not wasted or thst you over eat. I kid you not I had enough noodles for at least 3 people on my one plate. Ask the chef to watch the salt too or hold it all together. They can can get heavy handed. On a better note. It is a nice fun place with good food and pretty good service.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Number one, the staff is really nice. They put up with a lot of unnecessary mean spirited people. To the staff a big 5stars.

The food however leaves a bit more to be desired. I would expect more in the taste of the food. In other words the food is a bit bland. Yet eatable, I prefer a bit more flavor. again, this is a good family restaurant.