“Tired Family”

Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tinley Park
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My family and I stayed here while taking part of a dance competition 20 minutes away. What a value for hotel that reminded me of a upscale hotel that I paid double for on Lake Shore Drive. QUIET!!! I know there were other guest there the lot was full. I didn't hear one toilet flush, shower, or hall walkers. Clean and fresh. Called ahead for extra pillows and towels. Didn't need to, each bed had four nice pillows and four nice sized towels.
The front desk help were friendly and helpful.
Loved that my husband made me waffles with the make you own waffles!
I will be back next time we are competing and hoping just to come for a get away.
Completely NO SMOKING, great!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen L
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an incredible review. We greatly appreciate our valuable guests opinions.

I am happy to hear you found our property quiet and peaceful, and enjoyed our delicious breakfast! We can't wait to serve you and your family again soon during your next dance competition in our area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I spent just one night here in February 2012. I had absolutely no problems. (The only reason why I didn't give this hotel "Five Stars" is the fact that I did little more than sleep here---I didn't get a chance to use any of the amenities and services).

The front desk staff were very helpful. The check-in and check-out process were very smooth. The staff were able to give me good advice regarding local restaurants.

My room was clean, quiet and comfortable.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive review. I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our incredible Front Desk Team! Hopefully your next visit with allow you some extra time to enjoy our relaxing pool & spa! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I love online reviews. I use them to make my decisions when choosing services that cost money. They are designed to be free and easily accessed by the public. seeing posted responses to the authors here is new trip me, I am impressed!

• Stayed: August 2011
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We love online reviews too! Thank you so much for your kind words. We greatly appreciate you - our most valuable guests taking the time to share your positive experience. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Wanted to thank the entire staff of the Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park hotel for their continued friendly demeanor and dedication to service!. This hotel has been my 'home away from home' for over a year with almost weekly stays. I continue to come back due to the location, cleanliness, friendliness, etc!! Really enjoying the latest upgrades as well!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
TamiSaw, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

It makes our day to read such an incredible review from one of our regular guests. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received. There is no better compliment than to be called "Your Home Away From Home". We look forward to serving you for many years to come!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just got back from a decent President's Day overnighter at the Wingate by Wyndham in Tinley Park, Illinois. We chose this property/chain at the last minute and cancelled reservations with another property/chain to stay a bit closer to our destination. That might have been the wrong decision, but we really didn't regret our decision.

We passed on two queen beds at the other place for two double beds here; perhaps a little thing, but there is a difference.

The positives? A clean room. A mini fridge (cube), microwave, and safe in-room. A nice HDTV. Vending machines by the elevators on each floor. Many lighting options, with easy access electrical outlets in the bases of the table/desk lamps. Comfortable climate.

The big negative that almost blew the stay for us? Room doors without spring hinges that slam, slam, slam, combined with the fact that a bunch of young hockey players were staying up and down our floor. Bless them that they must have had a curfew of 10 or 10:30 p.m. and stuck to it. Credit to the young men for that. If the Wingate wanted to make one low-budget change to the hotel, it would be adding spring-loaded hinges to the room doors that stop them from slamming.

Other negatives?

Dirty coffee mugs in the lobby Sunday evening AND Monday morning for breakfast. Smudgy fingerprints all over the outside, lipstick, "white gunk" on the inside. The soap in your dishwasher just ain't doing the job, if there is soap involved.

No place to sit as the breakfast area was overtaken by young hockey players. It must have been overwhelming for the breakfast attendants to have such a large group at once. Again, though, credit to the young men for being well-behaved.

Also, for the management, re our room: the door stop on our bathroom door was useless, as the top of the door hit the curved shower rod. It was a gap of an inch or two between the doorstop screwed into the bottom of the door and the bathtub. A little thing, yes, but taking care of the small details can make such a big impact on travelers.

So, let's close with some more good stuff: the front desk staffer helped us find local places that delivered to the hotel, because all the restaurants we tried in the Tinley/Orland area on Sunday night were mobbed -- minimum 45 minute wait times, this was between 5-7p.m.

Also, about 45 minutes after we checked out and headed out, we realized we had left a valuable item behind in the bedside drawer. Staff tracked down our item and held it at the front desk for us. We appreciated the honesty and integrity of the housekeeping and front desk staff involved in recovering our item.

All things considered, it was an average stay. There were low points, there were high points. It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. But please, change the hinges on your doors! Trust me, the investment will pay off.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor -- heat rises, and our in-room unit did not need to run much to keep the...