“Skillet was good, but Coffee was GREAT”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 153 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American
Description: The Egg & I Tinley Park, Illinois breakfast restaurant offers gourmet coffee, 100% pure-squeezed orange juice and a variety of menu choices you will enjoy time and time again.
Reviewed 1 February 2017

My skillet was good, but I've had better. The amount was adequate, but not particularly generous. My wife said that her coffee was great! The place was not busy, but our waitress did not return until it was time for the bill.

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Thanks so much, Bobbyleek!!! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our food and loved our coffee even more!! Hope to see both you and your wife again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I always enjoy eating here.Good food quick service,friendly and efficient staff.Portions are large,and I usually take home enough for another meal.Location is good,and has a large area for parking.I especially enjoy their breakfast crepes.They are a great asset to the neighborhood and well established.

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thanks, Elizabeth! This is exactly the kind of feedback we strive for!! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Our breakfast was delicious and portions were generous. Their menu provides a variety including classic breakfast items as well as unique, specialty items. Staff was prompt and friendly. We will be sure to return when visiting the area again.

Thanks, J D! This is great to hear! See you next time!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I love their food. I also found the perfect breakfast item - - green chile chicken hash... To die for! We didn't mind paying the extra money because they would serve a carafe of pop or ice tea or coffee, the food was always delicious, and service good. The restaurant was comfortable,too.

The menu has changed, they no longer serve the carafe of drink, and the prices are through the roof. Also, my favorite item is gone so there's no point in going anymore.

Back on the hunt for a new perfect breakfast place.

Thanks for your recent visit and your feedback, Karen! I am sorry that we removed your favorite breakfast item! The team may still be able to make it for you--I will reach out to them and ask! However, in the meantime, you should try our Mexican Skillet--it's similar to the Green Chile Chicken Hash, you may find that you enjoy that as well! Lastly, we do still offer bottomless refills on our pop, iced tea and coffee even though we do not serve it with the carafe any longer. We do hope that you will give us another try in the future. Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 January 2017

My wife eats here occasionally with her girlfriend after Bible study. She says that they really enjoy their breakfasts at The egg & I. I have only eaten here once, and it is a fine place for breakfast, especially the egg entrees. Plenty of free parking, courteous servers and a comfortable atmosphere make this a nice stop for breakfast.

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2017

Thanks for your stopping in! We are thrilled you and your wife enjoy our entrees! Hope to see you again soon!