“Lovely food, rude waitress.”
Review of The Lands End Pub

The Lands End Pub
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Charvil
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the pub for lunch on Friday 20th April. The server behind the counter, Georgina was very welcoming and friendly. There was another waitress/server, an elderly woman who was unnecessarily rude to me. We gave a table number and sat outside. We decided to move tables and as the waitress came outside with our food, I went over to tell her. We ordered a prawn baguette with a side of fries. There was also a pile of crisps on the plate, so I assumed we had been given crisps instead of fries and when I mentioned to the waitress that we had ordered fries as well she barked at me that they were coming and she only had one pair of hands! How rude! Surely there is a more polite and professional way of addressing paying customers. She seemed very stressed, perhaps because it was a very hot day and the garden was filling up with customers. Her manner towards everyone was not friendly and rather abrupt. Maybe future customers would benefit from that woman attending a customer service course...

Apart from the rudeness from that women, we had a very enjoyable lunch and thoroughly enjoyed the surroundings.

2  Thank Peaky B

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I was housekeeping a bouncy black labrador called Siggy (Siegfried) whilst its owners did the family thing on Mutty Tag. After sitting out a Church visit to help hand out Daffys and Bluebells to the Kiddies to take home for mother, I thought a freedom walk at Dinton was indicated.with a Pint and a Lunch somewhere.
I headed down to Whistley Mill Lane but progress was hindered by a 3ft deep ford, a bit too deep for my Buzz car. The Fire Rescue guys were on guard as white van man can't read, and any van can ford a mere meter of water, or swim downstream off the causeway.
The Lands End Pub is in just the right place to catch the passing trade of thwarted travellers.
A large car and outdoor terrace area borders the Old River. Entrance to the pub is through an old-fashioned Wind Porch and into a standing-only bar and Restaurant. It was Sunday Lunch on Mutty Tag and every chair and table provided a fully booked promise.
However I was found a table as long as I cleared by 1:30pm. Siggy disappeared under the table, and out of sight. I chose a pint of Tribute and a Sunday Roast of Lamb.. Both very acceptable and the meal was well cooked and presented, and ample in proportion. A tab of under £15 as well. Worth another visit.
After Lunch Sigfried and I found the footbridge over the river and he spent a joyous half hour swimming and testing the depth of every muddy hole, and following scents across the field whilst I discovered there is no parking on the south bank, so access to the pub is dependent on the flood state of the Lodden or a longer avoidance journey.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

A last minute booking and not first choice, but, the food was good and plenty of it.

Downsides were the wait between everyone’s meal coming to the table. A good 5 minutes between mine and my husbands. Our table was in line of the icy blast every time the back door was opened. Would ask for a different table next time.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in on a walk around Twyford/Wargrave. The place was pretty quiet for a Friday lunchtime in half term, but clean and well presented.

Menu was pretty standard fare, but pretty tasty. There were some guest ales, which was nice too.

All in all, a nice enough pub to stop in for lunch. Nothing hugely outstanding but perfectly acceptable :-)

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Last minute decision for some friends to head Charvil way and decided to take a wander to Lands End.

Looking for a chilled evening with good food and that is what we had. Good selection of food with a few specials on offer. I had the beetroot tart and salad, others had burger and 2 starters. All good pub grub. Did't break the bank and we were looked after. Jolly pleasant evening in good company and good food. Did what said on tin. Glad we popped in.