All reviews hot tub best westerns cleanest hotel allow pets breakfast area meeting room nice pool place to stay nice hotel stayed one night convenient location excellent stay rooms are clean would highly recommend this hotel continental breakfast definitely stay here again interstate
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My best friend was getting married and she wanted to have a girls slumber party the night before her wedding. The plan was to get ready at the hotel and the limo would pick us up at 1:30 for her 2:00pm wedding. We were told that check out time was
12pm. The limo was coming to get us at 1:30 and take us to the wedding venue. So I called to the front desk and asked if we could get a late check out at 1pm. I was told 12pm was the late check and there was nothing that they could do for us. So my friend and her bridal party had to finish getting dressed in the lobby of the hotel. Well my friend's wedding planner came to the hotel to check on us and seen us getting ready in the lobby. The wedding planner is a white woman and my self and my friends bridal party are all black women. The wedding planner goes to the front desk and asked for us to go back to the room until 1 and the front desk was more than happy to assist her with that. The racism was so blunt it ruined my friends wedding day. I will never give this hotel anymore of my money and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
LizHoltz, Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit/South Beloit, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

There are several things in your statement that are not correct. First, our check out time is 11 am which your party was aware of. By providing you with a noon check out we were extending our check out time by 1 hour without a charge. This was agreed upon prior to check-in. Concerns with this were not brought to our attention until the night of check-in during which we kindly explained that we were not able to extend beyond noon as we had a very busy Saturday ahead of us with a lot of check-ins therefore we needed time to get ready. This is a very common response that we provide to anyone who requests anything beyond noon. At that time, 2 other options were provided to you which your group chose not to take advantage of. 2nd, when someone called down after 12 pm to request a later check out we kindly stated that 1 out of the 3 rooms may stay until 1 pm but we needed to start cleaning the other 2 rooms. This was already a stretch for us as we quickly had to adjust our schedule. 3rd, after 1 pm your entire group (25+ people) decided to take over our lobby, breakfast area and hallway to take wedding picture and carry on without ever getting approval from management. Here again, we worked around it and adjusted. It was not until 2:30 pm that your group left after which we again had to adjust everyone's schedule to clean up the main public area in order to get ready for our 3 pm check-ins. So in summary, we did our best to cater to your needs within our limits. Finally, our policies apply to everyone. We do not discriminate against race in any way. If you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me at 815 389-4211.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Called this morning to block out rooms for a wedding. I was told that the GM was on the other line an that she would call me back right away. I waited over an hour and called back. She answered the phone, I told her that I had called and was waiting for a call back. she told me that "I don't ever call people back right away", I said "oh really, that makes me question whether I want to book these rooms, and her reply was "you certainly don't have to". That made my decision to call other hotel. She was perfectly happy to let my business go down to another hotel. In the process of writting a formal complaint to their headquarters.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
LizHoltz, Manager at Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit/South Beloit, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

I am sorry we were not able to accommodate you with your room block needs. Our mornings are often very busy and we are not able to get back to group needs immediately but always do within 24 hours. If that timeline did not work for you we ask that you specify during your initial conversation with our front desk agent and we will do our best to accommodate your timeline. We were not aware of your urgency. When we spoke to you the 2nd time we simply stated that we do not call back immediately unless our schedules allow it. Unfortunately that was not a satisfactory response. Again, we do the best we can and you certainly do not have to choose our hotel for your blocking needs if we do not satisfy your call back timeline. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to call us directly at 815 389-4211. Thank you!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Nice hotel. Clean and comfortable. No surprises. Checking was easy. Clerk was friendly and helpful. We were traveling to South Dakota and stayed one night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. A nicer Best Western.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Nice clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. Good complimentary breakfast. Staff recommended family restaurant a couple miles down the road that had a good selection of food at a reasonable price with generous portions (Neli's). Access road to hotel not easily seen.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

This BW is located in a most convenient location for one of our stops while traveling. It is clean, quiet, and convenient. While the location is great, there aren't many choices for nearby food and drink, or points of interest. Gotta love Subway, or drive a ways to a Italian restaurant.