“Friday Lemon Chicken Soup”
Review of Hub's

Hub's
Ranked #51 of 218 Restaurants in Skokie
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Greek, Fast food
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I love the barbecue chicken, Greek potatoes and gyros. Very tasty with a flavorful sauce. My favorite desert is the oreo cookie cheesecake cake. On Fridays try the lemon chicken rice soup, my favorite.

1  Thank missgoodcookie

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Hub's used to have really fresh good grilled fast food. I been to Hub's for a couple years. I dined in around 7:00pm. I really wanted some fried fish. So I ordered the Perch dinner. It took along time even though it wasn't busy (only 3 people eating). The dinner came with frozen fries and a tiny pile of lettuce with a tiny cup of cole slaw. At ten dollars and some change (drink extra) not a great value. The fried fish tasted old and freezer burned. The fries and the fish also smelled like old grease. I was really hungry so I tried my best to eat it and camouflage the taste with the tiny dab of tarter sauce. But there was no use, unfortunately the food didn't taste good and I just couldn't eat it.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Very good fast food greek restaurant. Fast and friendly service. Family type restaurant. Their ribs are outstanding. Enjoy!

1  Thank 967deannan
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

For years we came here with our small kids and enjoyed the variety of great food, not really fast food since its prepared to order and always hot and tasty, and nothing has changed! Although the years have seen us move from the area, we returned with our daughter and grandkids and got a warm reception from the owner, a really hands on, involved, gentleman. We visited first in the early 80's and he always took great care of his customers, and still does!

My old favorite chicken kabob dinner was as good as ever with too much food for one person..... Well seasoned and cooked white meat chunks, onions, sauce, rice and salad were very, very good! We also had gyros, tasty, and accompanied by fries and veggies - I think the grandkids stole half of it. The gyro salad was very well received and snarfed down by everyone while the kids enjoyed their burger, even putting gyros on it!

Surprising everyone, a server went around and gave us all a cup with a scoop of cookies and cream ice cream.... Saving us the obligatory trip to get ice cream after eating out! The tab for five of us was on par with any fast food joint except his isn't a fast food spot.

The restaurant is extremely well maintained, no more smoking and non-smoking sections, and everyone who works there is very helpful and friendly. It was such a pleasant experience and such good food we will try harder to go out of our way to visit again!

1  Thank Chicagonative_7
Reviewed 12 May 2016

We thought we would try Hub's when we were looking for a place for dinner a little later than usual and they are open until 11 p.m. There is plenty of parking as Hub's is a stand-alone building. You walk up to a counter and order from the menu that is on the back wall over the counter and there are quite a few choices, including a variety of dinners and salads. We tried the perch dinner and a gyros plate. I did ask for grilled onions on the gyro which was no problem. All of the food was tasty. The staff was very friendly. The food was reasonably priced.

1  Thank Allen21096

Been to Hub's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK