Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90
Venezuela
“just ok”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

for the price you can't ask for more..... the staff is helpful, if you plan to stay for more than a week this is an ok place for the price

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Schaumburg - I-90, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Chicago - Schaumburg. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I used to say if a hotel was clean and safe I would be fine there but changed my mind after this weekend. Front desk staff did not know how to check us in with an online reservation and forgot to tell us we needed a parking pass to avoid being towed. The room was clean, and that was the high point. The toilet ran constantly and the front desk would not do anything about it, the shower dripped constantly (same reaction from staff), and the TV was the smallest I've ever seen. I could even live with those issues but when I went to take a shower and there was no hot water. This was apparently not a malfunction, just that the water there only gets "warm", which was not warm by my standards, that's for sure. The walls were so thin you could hear everything around you. I don't consider myself a picky person but this was the most uncomfortable I have ever been in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Bourbonnais, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked our room, and as luck would have it, a big windstorm blew through the chicagoland before we arrived. Our destination attraction was closed (Volo Auto Museum) so back to the hotel. We had to sit in our car cause there was no where to go, and they could not check us in til there was power. We booked a room large enough for us (2) and our 2 boys to also have a bed. (our infant in a pack and play crib) and ended up with a full size bed. I asked to be changed, cause its not what we booked. Told there was nothing else. Asked for a rollaway bed, nope. Asked what I should do for my 3 yr old and 8 yr old to sleep on? They told me "its not our problem".

later, we asked for spare blankets and pillows, said they would send them. Never did. I went down and got the blankets and pillows. I laid down with my pillow and by morning realized, it was a DIRTY pillw with the previous persons BLOOD on it. GROSS!!!

This is followed by a night of listening to every other room loud and no peace. Could hear conversations thru the wall.

I woke to a cold shower...no hot water.

Contacted corporate with this issue and NEVER heard a word from them!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley F
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The walls and floors/ceilings are paper thin so you hear EVERYTHING going on in the room next to and above you. If you need sleep while you're in town, DO NOT STAY HERE! The staff is also somewhat young and collectively comes across as indifferent.

Room Tip: The stove and fridge combo are handy if you're going to cook in between sleepless nights. But th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Carl P
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I read the reviews here and had my doubts about the staff, however they must have let some people go and brought on new people because for the low price of the rooms you figured it would be bare bones but I was treated great!. That is not the case rooms are what you expect for the price but it was cheep.

• Stayed November 2011