I stayed in this hotel on Mar 11, 2012 for one night. The room in general was fine but the toilet flush was not working properly. As we were there for only one night, I just overlooked it. The following day morning, after we used the toilet, the flush stopped working completely and caused overflow. I called the reception and I was told that someone would be there right away. We waited for half an hour and nobody came and I called the reception again. She said she would send one soon and she advised me if we need to use the bathroom, we can use one in the lobby area! We haven't had even taken shower yet and we were to check out and head to Davenport, Iowa for a visit and we were running late. Finally, a housekeeping male staff appeared at the door with a plunger but to my surprise, he wanted to hand in the plunger to my wife!! That means he wanted us to unclog the toilet! I didn't expect that you ask your guests to do that. My wife refused to take it and then he came in and unclogged the toilet but he didn't clean the mesh on the floor. When he was leaving, I asked him if he would dry the floor. Then he went to get the towels to clean the floor! Is that normal that a normal practice at your hotel? I am not sure if he treated us that way because of our color. My friend told me that when he went to eat breakfast, the attendant lady greeted everyone in front of him but ignored him, maybe she thought she doesn't have to greet the people of her own color. When I went to eat breakfast, I found that the silverware and plates were all wet. I had to use the paper towel to dry the plate. No "good morning" and no thanks! What a hospitality!
When we were leaving room, I saw the same housekeeping male staff near the elevator and he was cracking jokes with the female staff and when I looked at him, he blinked one eye at me as if Iwas his coworker. No sense of respect to the guests! This gentleman really needs good training.
So much money has been spent to create the suites and equip with all kitchen utensils but you didn't hire trained people or at least someone who value the customers. I will never go back to this hotel.
I had already paid hotwire but I had used credit card to check in but I found that they again charged some money on my credit card. I had to call them and later they credited that back!
Reception crews were nicer compared to the house keeping and breakfast attendant lady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg is a luxury extended stay property located in the heart of Schaumburg. Surrounded by shopping, restaurants, and businesses, this hotel makes your stay comfortable and rewarding. Each guest will enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast with omelette station daily, managers reception Monday -Thursday from 5:30 p.m.-7p.m., where we serve complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks and appetizers. Our hotel also offers complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel and shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. Some of the businesses, attractions, and restaurants that our hotel shuttle will transport to are Motorola, IBM, Zurich, Pepsi, Capital One, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Experian, Schneider Electric, Medieval Times, Gameworks, Legoland, Level257, Woodfield Mall, The Streets of Woodfield, IKEA, Weber Grill, Granite City Brewery, PF Chang, Cheesecake Factory, Wildfire, Season 52, Shaws Crabhouse, and Moretti's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Schaumburg Summerfield Suites
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites
- Summerfield Suites Schaumburg
- Hyatt Schaumburg