All reviews great hotel and staff buffet breakfast big mall corner room guest rooms cleaning staff indoor pool room was clean conference attendees cleanliness checkin tile housekeeper elevator hallway pillows
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good breakfast, Here for a meeting, treated us very well. Lots of snacks that were delicious! The wait staff were all very friendly. The layout of the hotel was vary unique. I found it a little difficult to find my room.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has a refresh and looks amazing and the decor is beautiful. The check in was a warm welcome from pacifici - not sure if I'm spelling her name right. Cynthia was so helpful with my meeting and the food was fantastic.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Rooms are not very clean. Floors were not vacuumed and looked like it has not been dusted in months. Had a used bottle of shampoo left in the shower upon arrival. I was not happy with the stay. Glad it was just a business trip and not a vacation stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Well, I have stayed in quite a few Hyatt in this world and somehow it seems that the standards outside of the USA is on a different level than here. Whilst the staffs are friendly and somewhat helpful but the standards of the hotel and its facilities is well below the Hyatt I know of everywhere else in the world. The local looks very dated and the building kind of remind me of a fortified prison or a federal reserve deposits. The location of this one was great given the walking distance to the big mall across the road or the other shops in the vicinity but inside things were pretty basic. My room was on the 2nd floor with the only access through a set of stairs which prove quite challenging with a suitcase and handbag to negotiate. Room was OK and clean with the basic amenities supplied.
Room service menus is a one page printed piece of paper with choices from the downstairs lobby cafe, quite disappointing for a Hyatt. I don’t know why Americans hotel are so below par with the rest of the world but I feel something must be done so that its level of standards be brought up to match.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Had a good stay recently at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg. Tried to checkin at 4:30. Room not ready. Wasn't ready until 5:45. They did offer some water or some candy or snacks from the gift shop. Went to the bar until room was ready. Would have been better to offer to pick up a drink for us when we told them that is where we would be waiting. Front desk staff was great, it wasn't their fault room wasn't ready, but room should be ready when checking in after 4:00. Had paid for an upgrade to a "corner suite" don't waste your money on this. The room was only about as big as a regular room, with just an extra window on one wall. The bathroom was the smallest I can ever remember seeing in a hotel room. Opening the door into the bathroom and it just clears the toilet. Shower pressure was terrible and the tile really needed to be replaced. Definitely if staying here, don't go with the "corner suite" which I don't really feel is a suite. Nothing better in it than a regular room as far as I could tell. Gallaghers restaurant was great for breakfast. Juan, the server, was fabulous. Great server and had a wonderful omelet made for us along with the buffet. Very good buffet breakfast. Entire staff was wonderful. Would definitely stay here again, just in a different room.

Room Tip: High floor. very quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SkipA34, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

zzmanzz,

I'm sorry you had a wait issue but I am THRILLED you enjoyed your stay AND our wonderful staff! We hope to see you again soon!