Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
US$ 159
US$ 144
US$ 130
US$ 116
Holiday Inn Express Chicago - Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 101
US$ 96
US$ 94
US$ 92
Days Inn & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 87
US$ 217
US$ 203
  • Pool
US$ 113
US$ 104
US$ 137
US$ 126
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Schaumburg(Schaumburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 102
1,286 results
All reviewswoodfield mallcoffee barhotel restaurantbusiness tripshuttle servicebreakfast buffetfree shuttleindoor poolunder constructionking bedfitness centerstaff was friendlyjoselobbychicagoshoppingconference
Reviewed 3 November 2011

It is basicaly not normal for a business traveler to get far away from the main cities centers. So when a conference organizer recomends a close by place to stay, you just take that advice and buy.

Bad mistake. This place have all the comodities of a down town hotel everywhere, except for a down town area. It is located basicaly in the middle of a family suburb and have no close by railroads, metro stations or other normal transportation metod than bus. And you know how it is to take a bus when you are not from around there!

My experience started at the O´hare Airport when i knew there was no shuttle from there to the hotel. It took 10 minutes or bargaining and 30 USD to get there with a driver from other hotel. The guy was a great person and understood that i didn´t wanted to freeze out there and also knew that a taxi from the airport to the hotel can be as expensive as 50 bucs.

At my arrival i was very pleased, despite the fact of that i had to become my own tourist guide at the airport. The hotel is very neat, it is a relatively recent building but have an old style on many ways. The loby is very nice and warm, and resembles a forest with small trees and piramidal lamps. In fact the loby is like a small forest in there.

Inclusive with a "discount" sent by the organizers of the conference i was assisting, it was about 150 dollars by night. For a 6 nights stay plus taxes it took about 1050 USD for the stay, wich i believe is enough to include a complimentary breakfast. But you know, NEWSFLASH! they do not believe the same, and breakfast was not included. That is a real no NO for a business hotel. I mean, we are doing business because we are trying to find the money, not because we want to expend it on luxury breakfast at 20 usd.

Very disapointed with that.

The room is very old and it doesn´t include a tube. I know i was traveling solo and you know, maybe it doesn´t sounds really manly to ask for a tube but what can i say, at that price you may want to have at least all the facilities on your room!. But even when the room is old, it was PERFECTLY clean and everything was on perfect working condition, good smell, a nice big window with a great view of a parking lot, and i say that in good mood, the parking lot haves a lot of trees and it was october so i had a lot of color outside my window.

The surroundings are interesting, relatively long distances to walk, considering that you are basicaly surrounded by parking lots, there is the woodfield mall, a very big one with lots of stores, good prices, mostly locals in there, very kind and good old fashioned american citizens, always with a great smile. There are stores outside, a cheesecake factory and some very nice restaurants to go, i believe there is inclusive a movie theater but never saw it.

If you want to go to Chicago Down Town it will take you a 15 usd taxi ride to Arlington Park, the closest train station, and a 9 dollar two way ticket to get to the city. It takes about 1 hour in the regular train and 45 minutes in the express one. Trains are there every 30 minutes.

If you prefer to get there on a cab the ride will cost you about 75 usd to get to down town and another 75 to get back to the hotel. But you can find traffic so bet cost/benefit eficient ride is on the train.

Chicago is a beautiful city, full with architectury and story, nice stores, great restaurants, you HAVE to try the Chicago Style Pizza, is something else!. But to enjoy that you better stay there. With an hour to go to down town, and another to get back, you better have a reall reason to stay in Schaumburg, and basicaly any good reason to stay there will be a good reason also to stay on a cheaper hotel with complimentary breakfast, there are a lot around.

Now, what saves the day is the GREAT "Fresh 1800" Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Woodfield hotel´s loby. This place have the GREATEST personal atention from a restaurant staff i have ever stayed, and the food is OH MY GOODNESS good. I recomend it and recomend you to ask for a meeting with the chef, the guy will take any recomendation you can give to hime and will turn it into a delightfull experience to you. A little expensive tough, but what the... ! is good and you will enjoy that.

Well friends to cut it before you faint from reading such a long story, this place si too far, too expensive and is good, but there are better places to stay around. Maybe if they modify those rates you can consider it, but i mean, you can do better with your money if you ask my opinion. Have a good safe trip to chicago and and enjoy!

2  Thank Ventasman
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

You’re review paints quite a picture for all our guests and we appreciate your detail and candid descriptions. While the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago does not offer a complimentary shuttle to or from Chicago O’Hare, we do offer several affordable alternatives on our website and our Concierge is a wealth of information for any help you would need. We’re thrilled to see that our cuisine from Fresh 1800 made such a wonderful impression on you and your accommodations exceeded your expectations. If you are ever in the Schaumburg area again, we would hope you would choose to stay with us again. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

This was a very clean hotel with pleasant staff. Perfect for business meetings. The catered food was very good. The shuttle was a bit of a disappointment. If you want to go anywhere off the beaten path, beware, they may not be able to find you again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

We couldn’t be more pleased than to learn that your stay at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago was so enjoyable. Our complimentary shuttle is available for each and every guest for transportation to the Woodfield Shopping Center. We’re sorry if there was any confusion regarding the shuttle’s route. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We enjoyed our stay.
Close to nice places outside downtown and easy commute to events downtown.
Service was great and our non smoking room was really a non smoking one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Hyatt Regency Schaumberg, Chicago, and we appreciate your mentioning our convenient location to many downtown Chicago attractions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the near future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

stayed at Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumburg for a Corporate meeting in early October of 2011. Our check-in went very smoothly, considering how many corporate cards were being used. Another member of our party, however, arrived late. He was forced to use his own credit card to reserve his room because our manager had already left for a dinner meeting. This was corrected the next morning, however it was a bit of a hassle.
Upon entering my room, I was a bit put off by the fact that my window overlooked the lobby. The window coverings did give the necessary privacy.
The whole hotel has a very modern feel. The lobby looks a bit like a lego land/cartoon. The rooms are decorated in a very simplistic yet appealing manner.
We had drinks at the hotel bar (expectedly expensive) and the shuttle brought our group to a nearby restaurant for dinner. It also picked us up at our desired time and brought us back.
My bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.
The meeting was held in one of the conference rooms. A very simple breakfast was purchased from the hotel catering. Our group as a whole thought the breakfast was too expensive without many options (granola bars, fruit, juice.) Cold cuts were served for lunch. Many of our team members decided to grab something outside of the hotel.
Overall, the staff at the hotel was very friendly and patient. Our experience with this hotel has been positive for the last 3 years and we will continue to use Hyatt for our yearly meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

It is a wonderful feeling to hear that your time spent at the Hyatt Regency Schaumberg, Chicago has inspired a return visit by your company. We are glad to see that any issues with check-in were resolved quickly and that you were able to get a comfortable night’s rest in our Hyatt Grand Bed™. We have a great team of meeting planners and well known caterers available to help you with hosting any size event. Your kind comments and helpful descriptions are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your associates back year after year.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Nice, remodeled Hyatt - attractive lobby, common areas and rooms. Perfect if you're in the area for business, but would not probably stay here for any other purpose. A few hiccups during my stay:

1) Checked in at 10:45pm and the hotel restaurant was closed. Lobby bar was busy, however, the kitchen was closed - impossible to order any food and I had been on a flight from the west coast and was starving. When I got to my room at 10:55pm, I noticed room service was available until 11pm, so I called to place an order, but they were already closed - I guess they're open until 11 when they're busy, but they can close early when they are not busy. No chance for even a bowl of soup and it wasn't 11pm yet! Disappointing and at a minimum, they should have a scaled back menu 24 hours, or at least until midnight. This is supposed to be a full service hotel!

2) In my room which was a standard king, I had no bathtub! Not sure if this is a the case with all rooms, but I'm a Hyatt Elite members (Diamond level) and I am usually placed in one of the nicest rooms, so I suspect that most, if not all rooms do not have a bath. The shower was very nice, but I prefer a hot bath in the evenings when I travel, so a dissapointment for me.

3) Bathrooms were very nice, but incredibly small. In fact, the door had to be closed to enter the shower enclosure. Wierd layout even though the amenities and furnishings were top-notch and attractive. Poor space planning and annoying for the consumer.I would be very bummed if I were traveling with kids and placed in this room. Overall, rooms nice, new and clean, but I gave only 3* because of the bathroom (no bath and strange layout with the doors in the bathroom).

4) The day I checked out I needed to call the hotel to confirm a late arrival package that would be delivered after I checked out. I had a horrible time communicating with the front desk staff who seemed short staffed and not well training or customer service focussed. I was disconnected several times, placed on hold forever and there was just a ton of general confusion over such a simple task a hotel should be able to handle with ease. Once the figured out who I was (Hyatt Diamond member), they were extra friendly, but my elite status should not be needed to receive such a basic level of service.

Anyhow, the hotel is clean, nice, modern and if you're in the area, this is a fine place to stay. Just seems like a nice business hotel to me. The restaurant was good - didn't seem to live up to the fresh organic feel it portrays, but it was OK for the hotel, but I would not go out of my way to eat here. FYI, I only ate breakfast in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a bathtub if you use a tub - seems like standard rooms do not have tubs. Be weary of long walks from elevator - seems like some rooms are a hike.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Hyatt_Schaumburg1, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Thank you for detailing your recent stay with us. The Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago does often have guests that stay with us for business, however we do have just as many that stay for pleasure. Customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal and it saddens us to hear about the hiccups you encountered. We would like to clarify the restaurant hours for everyone. The Fresh 1800 restaurant is open daily from 6:30 a.m. till 10:00 p.m. and although room service is available till 11:00 p.m., room service options do not include prepared food. We do apologize for any confusion about the kitchen hours and for the difficulties you experienced with the front desk staff. Your comments will be shared with management so that we may continue to improve our service. The next time you are in the area, we hope you will give us another try.