“Mid-week Seafood ”
Review of Shaw's Crab House

Shaw's Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shaw's Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 374 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Higgins Rd and Rt. 53, I-290 and I-355
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

1st visit to Shaws. Parking required us to park a short walk away in the shared parking lot as spots near the building was full. We ate in the oyster bar area, not the main dining room, sitting at a booth. Seating was prompt at 6PM on a Tuesday. I had a 1/2 dozen oyster sampler to start. Served as I would expect, one ice with horseradish and shrimp sauce on the side. Very nice, size of oyster were medium. My wife had a bowl of lobster bisque which was a little heavy on tomato. I had the fresh halibut special, cooked excellent. My wife had Shaws special seafood salad, which was super. We we comp'd a free desert to share....just because! The service was great, and multiple staff members said "hi" throughout our visit. A definite return to try other items on menu.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 8 March 2017

It was amazingly busy at 12:15 on a Sunday. The brunch looked incredible, however we were not looking for that much food. It looked so incredibly delicious that I will have to go back and try it.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We visited here because wanted an evening of fine seafood while relaxing in Chicagoland for a long weekend. I had the King Crab legs, which were perfectly done, and my wife had the Club Room Combination, swapping a crab cake for the usual scallops, and she very much enjoyed this as well. Both of us were surprised by the delicious brussel sprouts cooked with bacon and onion, and would highly recommend them. Dinner was concluded with the chocolate layer cake which was good but I thought the least impressive of the dishes.
All in all we had a great night at Shaw's.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

First, a shout out to Tim P. What a wonderful server...he was so nice and friendly, made sure we felt comfortable, not rushed, but was by often enough to make sure we didn't need anything. The food was superb. We tried a sampling of crab cakes, calamari and fried shrimp. For dinner, my husband had the surf & turf (blue cheese encrusted the filet) and I had the filet and added the garlic shrimp. The Maine lobster tail he had was the best he'd ever had he said. I was really impressed with the meat quality and the fact that they actually used true jumbo shrimp. Sides are ala cart and are LARGE. We screwed up (despite Tim warning us lol) and got the potatoes au gratin AND the braised brussel sprouts. Both were amazing. I just wished I had the room to eat all of it. Unfortunately we didn't realize our hotel room had a fridge otherwise I would have enjoyed it the next day. Lastly (because I had to) I did try the sorbet. I think it was raspberry but whatever it was it was delicious. The table service is truly outstanding. We always had clean side plates, clean silverware and they cleaned off the table between courses. One last thing to mention. They don't skimp on the alcohol in their mixed drinks (which is great but....please be aware if you're driving)
Phenomenal experience...I wish we lived closer.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2017

I had made reservations for two for New Year's Eve, then another couple were going to join us and Shaw's called to confirm my reservation so I asked if we could up it to four people. The person calling me from Shaw's changed it to four and was extremely polite and nice. Unfortunately, my wife and the other wife both came down with a very bad cold and I had to cancel. Shaw's was again very polite and nice, they wished the women a speedy recovery and thanked me for calling to cancel the reservation. Two weeks later, I made reservations again for my wife and I.
We arrived a few minutes early, greeted very politely and were seated right away at a great table. Our server was Mike and he knew the menu better than any server we have ever had at any restaurant. His recommendations were perfect! We ordered oysters, crab, shrimp, lobster, gumbo and more oysters. Everything was prepared to perfection!!
The restaurant was clean, everyone we interacted with at Shaw's was friendly, polite and helpful. Again, Mike the server was Superb!! Shaw's has know become my favorite restaurant. It really is exceptional!! The Happy Hour every day is tremendous. I have told everyone that I have seen since dining there that they should go to Shaw's for a terrific time and to make sure they ask for Mike.
So, to everyone at Shaw's; Thank You for a Wonderful Evening!

Date of visit: January 2017