“Great food and service”

Stonewood Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 375 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Higgins Rd
Description: The perfect balance between a classic restaurant and a great bar!Extensive 70 item menu featuring wood grilled specialties of Burgers, BBQ Ribs, Steaks, Chicken, and Fresh Seafood, as well as Prime Rib, Pastas, Salads and Sandwiches.Warm casual atmosphere features wood walls, cultured stone fireplaces and lots of booth seating.If you’re looking to unwind or relax with friends, The Stonewood Ale House is just the place for you. Our large bar area has a wide selection of over 100 ice cold draft, bottles and can beers featuring a large selection of craft beers. Also available is an extensive list of wines, martinis and specialty drinks. Bar and Dining room open late every night.
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We stopped here on the way to the airport to get a good meal in before our flight the next morning. The first thing I noticed getting out of the car was the smell coming from the kitchen and it smelled great. The menu is typical ale house fair. I had a burger that was great.

The service also was friendly and helpful.

Overall it was a great meal before a flight.

1  Thank Jason S

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

In my previous review of this restaurant I mentioned that it was excellent. The food spread is phenomenal. Here's some of the pictures.

STONEWOOD_ALE_HOUSE, Manager at Stonewood Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Well thank you for taking the time to share your experience and snapshots from our Mother's Day Brunch. It was a real pleasure meeting you and your family that day. Take Care!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

When we arrived it was quite early in the dining evening. The reservation was done via open table and even after multiple conversations with the hostess she could only find it after the 4th attempt. We were seated at a booth and when we requested a table we were told "no" because there were none were available, though there were several available in site.
The beer selection was vast which was nice. The appetizers we're typical and all fried. The menu was unimaginative and the food was nothing more than "fine". For a group of 4 with only one soft drink and one beer the check was over $100. There are so many other places to visit in Schaumburg. In my opinion this one can be missed

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the Stonewood Ale House for dinner and it was excellent. Service was great, reasonably priced and the food was very tasty. Would make it a place to stop again.

STONEWOOD_ALE_HOUSE, Manager at Stonewood Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your kind words from your trip to the Schaumburg area. Since we are so close to the Woodfield Mall, we are thrilled that enjoyed your expierence with us. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I have gone here a # of times for happy hour sponsored by me previous employer as well as with family. I have stopped going because the service is always awful. The food is fairly standard American bar food. The apps are decent. I recommend the pretzels and the wings. The stuffed burger is pretty good. We were there with the kids during lent and they must not have changed the oil from their fish fry because the chicken tenders smelled and tasted like fish. Absolutely disgusting. That was the last visit. They do have a lot of TV's, so if you want a place to watch a game and drink beer, have a few appetizers this is an ok option(as long as you can deal with slow/poor service).

STONEWOOD_ALE_HOUSE, Manager at Stonewood Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Mr. Miller,

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our restaurant. I found your comments on Trip Advisor most troubling and I want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without your feedback I might never have known of it.

We strive to build our reputation one meal at a time, but we certainly failed to do so on your visit. We are honestly sorry. I have already taken steps to ensure that lapses in food quality and freshness do not occur. I do hope you return so that we can give you a much better experience.