Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$145
View deal
Courtyard$144
Booking.com$145
Hotels.com$145
Priceline$144
Travelocity$145
ZenHotels.com$187
All reviews nice lobby next morning beds were comfortable coffee maker st charles mgr desk event tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2022

The room looked and felt very old. It looked like no work has been done on the room since the hotel was built. The bed was very uncomfortable. I woke up with neck and back pain. The TV was so small it might as well not have been there in the first place and there were issues with the remote. It was difficult to change channels. The mini-fridge was very small and old and did not keep food cold. One of my salads spoiled. It took forever for the water to get warm in the sink outside the bathroom. There is a useless balcony with no view as everything you see outside of the balcony is either a parking lot or dead trees. The floors in the room are uneven, especially the floor outside the bathroom - in the sink area. The light/vent in the bathroom is so loud I didn't even bother to turn it on after the first time. When I called the front desk to report these things no one answered. Any money put into this hotel went into the lobby and was not invested in the rooms. This was not a pleasant experience and I would not stay here again. I gave one extra star for the lobby because it was the best part of the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Mark Schalla, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2022

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize that your experience at the hotel failed to meet your expectations. We will use your comments as a way improve the services and amenities provided for at our hotel.
We were in the middle of completing several renovations when the pandemic arrived to the US. We finished public space renovations in March of 2022. Exterior of the building, courtyard, and rooms were due to be completed in early 2021. Unfortunately due to the pandemic and the financial duress that the owners incurred those plans were unable to be completed. I will spare you the details of the present ownership status but until those matters are resolved any further renovations will be delayed unfortunately.
I appreciate your understanding of the role the pandemic played not only in our country but more specifically in the hospitality and service sectors.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your time in our lobby and Bistro however and I hope the service you received from our team was warm and welcoming.

Take Care,

Thanks again for your feedback we hope to have the opportunity to re-earn your trust in terms of lodging choices in the St. Charles area.

Reviewed 12 October 2021

We stayed two nights with family for a funeral. The public areas are very nice and well arranged. However, the room was a big disappointment. Worst we have ever had in a Courtyard. The room was very dated. Needed a big overhaul. The bath tub porcelain was worn off. The shower head was rusted and very disgusting. The floor edge was dirty. The sink area is much too small for two people. I can not recommend this unit and would discourage staying there.

Room tip: Do not stay.
Date of stay: October 2021
2  Thank Gary J
Reviewed 8 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed 5 nights and was very comfortable. On arrival the hotel appeared to be clean. Desk staff was very welcoming. Our room was very clean. The tub surface was pealing and the calking was a brownish yellow. This gave the tub an awful dirty appearance. I bought my own cleaning items (I’ve done this for years. Its just the way I am) and did my own clean and discovered that the tub was in fact, clean. It doesn’t look that way and someone should resurface and re caulk the tub. Towels are not soft at all! The tap water doesn’t taste good. We went out and bought water. I got ice from the ice machine and when you hit the button to dispense there was a rotten egg smell. It was very nasty
I’ve never stayed in a hotel where the cleaning staff were not friendly. The house keeping I encountered would not make eye contact and would look away or down. After a couple of days it dawned on me that the only time housekeeping wore a mask was when they were in the lobby. They looked away to hid their maskless faces. On Thursday the 7th there was a maskless mgr behind the desk without a mask. At checkout at 4am on the 8th the desk clerk had no mask. Doesn’t matter if one thinks masks work or don’t, should or shouldn’t be worn, but if you put signs up stating “masks are required “ on your entrance doors, the employees need to wear them also.

Room tip: Don’t drink the tap water or put ice in your beverages
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mark Schalla, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2021

Hi Sherry,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am so sorry that you encountered the problems that you did during your time with us. We are in the process of re-surfacing our bathtubs and I do understand your frustration with the condition of the tub in your room.
I am glad that you shared the feedback regarding the masks as this is a very important policy that we have in place here and it was very disheartening to learn about your observations with some of the staff. I will be using your feedback to re-fresh my team in regards to the importance of wearing their masks while at work.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything further I can do for you. Again, I truly apologize that we fell short of your expectations on this visit and hope if the need arises that you give us the change to re-earn your trust.
Take Care!

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Had to change rooms after the first night because the noise from the people above us was so terrible we had little to no sleep. The rooms were very clean and nice. Typical courtyard. But the room was equipped with 2 small styrofoam cups for the tiny coffee maker. No cups for water. Had to rinse out the cup. The coffee maker only made half a cup at best. I get reduced amenities but really, can't provide 2 cups per person??? Lobby was very clean and inviting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not the best courtyard I ever stayed in but not the worst either.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kareneU704VQ
Reviewed 18 June 2021

We were staying for one night because our son was in an event nearby the next day, so we didn't arrive until after 5 p.m. However, the room we had reserved wasn't ready. I was surprised, but no big. So we went out to eat first with our luggage in the car, as opposed to being able to stow it away and change. My husband had booked a jacuzzi tub for us, because he knows how much I like tubs. However, when I tried to fill the tub the next morning, it was hard to tell which faucet was hot and which cold, so it took a while. There was NO SPIGOT, just the ability to turn the two knobs and then the fresh water came out of the jets. Odd, but not impossible to work with. What was impossible to work with, was that the water never got hot. Maybe this was because we were trying in the morning, when everyone was showering, but I'm not sure what the reason. I used the dial on the wall for the time, then turned on the jets, thinking that would make the water less luke warm, but that didn't help either. So I tried sitting in a luke warm tub for a few minutes and decided it just wasn't worth it. Not comfy. Then it took the next 2 hours (before we left for the event at 11) for the tub to drain, and it wasn't even done by the time we left at 10:30. ANNOYING. On top of that, I had to shove a chair under the front doorknob overnight (we were on the ground floor near the lobby - Room 104) because the deadbolt didn't work. All in all, very disappointing. The only saving grace was that the room usually goes for like $700, and we only paid $161. Would never stay at again, no matter what the price! The only highlight was the man who checked us in, who texted us at the restaurant when our room was ready. He was very friendly and helpful, but it didn't make up for all the other negatives.

Room tip: Don't stay in 104! And check tub and locks before unpacking in any room...
Date of stay: June 2021