Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Courtyard
Hotels.com$130
Travelocity$130
Priceline$129
Agoda.com$129
All reviews nice lobby next morning beds were comfortable coffee maker st charles mgr desk event tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Had to change rooms after the first night because the noise from the people above us was so terrible we had little to no sleep. The rooms were very clean and nice. Typical courtyard. But the room was equipped with 2 small styrofoam cups for the tiny coffee maker. No cups for water. Had to rinse out the cup. The coffee maker only made half a cup at best. I get reduced amenities but really, can't provide 2 cups per person??? Lobby was very clean and inviting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not the best courtyard I ever stayed in but not the worst either.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kareneU704VQ
Reviewed 18 June 2021

We were staying for one night because our son was in an event nearby the next day, so we didn't arrive until after 5 p.m. However, the room we had reserved wasn't ready. I was surprised, but no big. So we went out to eat first with our luggage in the car, as opposed to being able to stow it away and change. My husband had booked a jacuzzi tub for us, because he knows how much I like tubs. However, when I tried to fill the tub the next morning, it was hard to tell which faucet was hot and which cold, so it took a while. There was NO SPIGOT, just the ability to turn the two knobs and then the fresh water came out of the jets. Odd, but not impossible to work with. What was impossible to work with, was that the water never got hot. Maybe this was because we were trying in the morning, when everyone was showering, but I'm not sure what the reason. I used the dial on the wall for the time, then turned on the jets, thinking that would make the water less luke warm, but that didn't help either. So I tried sitting in a luke warm tub for a few minutes and decided it just wasn't worth it. Not comfy. Then it took the next 2 hours (before we left for the event at 11) for the tub to drain, and it wasn't even done by the time we left at 10:30. ANNOYING. On top of that, I had to shove a chair under the front doorknob overnight (we were on the ground floor near the lobby - Room 104) because the deadbolt didn't work. All in all, very disappointing. The only saving grace was that the room usually goes for like $700, and we only paid $161. Would never stay at again, no matter what the price! The only highlight was the man who checked us in, who texted us at the restaurant when our room was ready. He was very friendly and helpful, but it didn't make up for all the other negatives.

Room tip: Don't stay in 104! And check tub and locks before unpacking in any room...
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank FancyFlinger
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

I stayed here 2 nights for a friend's wedding. Everything was wonderful. Rooms were clean and staff was very knowledgeable and friendly, especially Priscilla and Cameron who worked the night shift. They went above and beyond to make our stay awesome. Thanks guys!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank amandakoryn
chiscgm, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2019

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had during your recent stay with us!! I love that Priscilla and Cameron made the effort to go above and beyond for you and I will be sure to share your comments with them specifically! I hope you had a great time at your friends wedding and if you are ever back in the area we hope to be of service to you again! Take care and thank you again!

Reviewed 12 October 2019 via mobile

Rooms were comfortable but the decor was just so outdated - from the bathtub to the taps, showers furniture, TV, this felt like a 1990s hotel but very well maintained. The Starbucks in the lobby did an efficient but pretty poor breakfast. The meeting room that we used smelt mouldy. But that said, the service from the front desk and staff for the meeting room was impeccable. So the hardware needs some major upgrading here, but the service was excellent.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Potato100
chiscgm, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2019

Hello,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent stay with us! I am so glad that the staff took such great care of you but I understand some of your comments regarding the overall newness of some areas. We are about to undergo complete lobby and public space renovations in the next month. These upgrades will include all new flooring, vinyl, and furniture through out the lobby and public spaces. Our fitness center will be getting expanded to a about three times it's current size with all new equipment, and lastly we will be adding new outdoor furniture and a fire pit outside in our Courtyard area. Guest rooms will be a focus for updates as well in the not to distant future I apologize that some of the areas you mentioned effected your stay in a negative way and again thank you for sharing your comments with us so that we can continue to strive towards offering both a better service and product to our guests.

Reviewed 9 September 2019

We very much liked and enjoyed staying at the Courtyard Chicago St-Charles. The staff was exceptionally nice and very helpful. We loved having the Bistro restaurant with great food versus an all-you-can-eat free buffet. It was wonderful eating outside in the beautiful Courtyard and Gazebo. The only thing needed in that area is a fire pit. We were disappointed with the “Bar” as there really isn’t a Bar. The Restaurant has wine and beer to purchase but no liquor and a Very nice lobby area to relax in with a Fireplace, Our room was nice and clean, I especially like the sink being outside of the bathroom. We also had a very nice balcony we sat on which overlooked the beautiful courtyard. We didn't use the pool but it look very nice. Great location close to parks, shopping and sporting events. I would highly recommend this hotel and if we visit the area again, we’ll definitely stay here.

Date of stay: September 2019
chiscgm, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to provide us with this very detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that the team took such good care of you during the visit and you had time to enjoy some of our other amenities like the Bistro and the Courtyard. I wanted to let you know we are in a transition right now in terms of the Bistro Bar and the problem should be resolved soon. Also, we have some exciting new changes coming to the hotel in the next couple of months which will include a fire pit and new outdoor seating so I hope you will be able to experience that first hand at some point. Thank you again for the great feedback and we hope to see you again! Take care.