“Overpriced for Mediocre Food”
Review of Mio Modo

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2021

Restaurant weekend dinner service was very good, but the food not as much. My adult son was excited about ordering the Wagyu steak ($35) and was disappointed saying, "I've had better Wagyu from Walmart." He is not one to complain, but said it did not taste like Wagyu. My husband also tasted it and said it didn't have much flavor and was undercooked. Pizza had very little flavor. Salad dressing was too tart. My husband got a seafood dish that he said was just okay. In summary, I'd say that all of the food was too bland. Might be a good place just to sit at bar for just appetizers and drinks, but not for a dinner.

Date of visit: July 2021

Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

My friend and I sat at the bar. The bartenders (MaryBeth and I believe, Michelle) were professional and friendly. We had calamari….omg Amazing! I had a salmon Caesar and also tasted my friends pasta carbonara. Both were very good. They checked back often and were very responsive to any requests. I’m not local but will definitely return!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 18 October 2020 via mobile

One of my favorite fall dishes at Francesca’s is their lentils dish. Served with spinach and goat cheese, it is simply divine when accompanied by salmon. Their chefs creativity in the Fall season is so comforting. Many excellent pasta dishes available!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

Had an excellent experience dining at Francesca’s by the River last night. We felt our safety was there upmost concern as the tables were distance, everyone wore masks to and from their tables, and the wait staff wore masks and gloves. The food was excellent as always and as we were celebrating a birthday, anniversary, return between the six of us we had a marvelous complimentary dessert!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 6 March 2020

What a great place to celebrate a birthday. Wednesday night is half price wine night with a couple of exclusions. The entrees were fabulous, a great salad and desert made it a remarkable birthday. Thank you Francesca’s.

Date of visit: December 2019