“40th Anniversary Celebration”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

We had heard good reviews for this place. The food was excellent. Our server was very good and attentive to our needs. We got a very pleasant surprise after diner. Our server brought out a huge dessert tray that was a gift from management.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (228)

Reviewed 21 November 2019

I've been to Francesca's in Elmhurst, Barrington and Arlington Hts. and have loved their food and service. But last Saturday night I had 9 people here for dinner and it was a disaster. The spacing between tables was very cramped, you had to walk sideways to get by and couldn't hear the person across from you because of the noise. The waiter didn't know the menu and was hard to hear.The bus staff was very abrupt and it seemed like they didn't have enough tableware. The food was up to Francesca's standard, but when I asked to bring the birthday cake I ordered when I made the reservations, he didn't know what I was talking about and brought a profiteral with a candle in it. He was always having to go ask someone for advise. None of this was their fault as they had obviously overbooked the place and were understaffed. Oh and there were at least 30 people waiting to get in with reservations and a line out into the vestibule. I was very surprised as the other Francesca's are so great. This location needs to look at their management and their training. I will never come here again.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 5 November 2019

For a Sunday early evening dinner after attending a music concert, I selected the Insalata all Francesca (Romaine, endive and radicchio with blue cheese, fresh vegetables, lemon & balsamic salad) and the Costoletta di Maiale alla Valdostana entrée (pork chops with wild mushrooms, spinach, fontina cheese sauce and white truffle oil). Both selections were delicious and very generous portions. Service was attentive and efficient. I enjoyed the dining experience.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 9 October 2019

Great food and service. Great for lunch or dinner.. too many favorites to mention.. it’s one of our favorites.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank food1951
Reviewed 28 August 2019

The staff was excellent and super helpful! Even with my crazy family (party of 25!) we still had the most amazing food I've ever put into my mouth. The pasta was divine, the meat perfection, and I cried the desserts were so good.

Date of visit: May 2019