“Best steak house in the area”
Review of St Charles Place

St Charles Place
Ranked #4 of 169 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The table is set and the candles are lit: Join us for an elegant, unforgettable evening at St. Charles Place Steak House. Since 1993, we've been serving our guests the finest USDA prime steaks with an accompanying wine list from producers around the world. With decor that harkens back to the prohibition era supper club, we're keeping old fashioned fine dining alive in St. Charles. Voted the Best Banquet Facility in Kane County, we're the perfect space for private events as well, whether you're planning a wedding, family reunion, business dinner, etc. We look forward to raising a glass with you soon!
Reviewed 8 February 2021

OMG had another fantastic meal here. I’ve been here about 20x and never had a bad meal or service. The steak au polve is incredible and so is the prime rib. The seafood is very fresh tasting too. We feasted on the seafood tower. My new girlfriend has never been here before and was extremely impressed with everything. While at first glance it may appear expensive, keep in mind that the salad and sides are included-not extra. Great value and unique atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2021
JackieN816, Owner at St Charles Place, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Take care,
Thom Niforatos, Jr., Owner

Write a reviewReviews (303)

Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

I’ve been here at least 30x and have never had a bad experience. Steaks and prime rib are great and the seafood fantastic!!! I took my new girlfriend here for her birthday and she was very impressed with the food, service and atmosphere. It’s a great value because they include the salad and sides with the dinner vs. ala carte for everything. If you’re considering Foxfire in Geneva I highly recommend this place instead. And be sure to order the carrot cake he imports from Vermont-it’s the best dessert I’ve ever had!!!

Date of visit: February 2021

John, I take it you were the one who left the other Tripadvisor review we received recently, so I'll write the same thing here. For you to always have experienced great food and service every time you've visited, I'm just thrilled. I hope bringing your girlfriend here gave you some brownie points. Looking forward to treating you to some more prime rib the next time you feel like treating yourself.

Take care,

Reviewed 4 January 2021

After reading so many positive reviews we were so looking forward to their "prime rib special for 2" carry out which consisted of 2 pieces of prime rib, 2 potato, 2 salad, and dinner rolls. One of the prime rib was excellent but the other was mostly fat so there was not much left of meat. Now we understand that prime rib is not the leanest of meat and tends to be fatty but this piece was too fatty. The potatoes were tasty but the salads were terrible, mostly brown lettuce (not fresh), 1 grape tomato and 1 cucumber slice. We could not eat them. The dinner rolls were fresh and tasty. We had high expectations for this restaurant but I doubt we will return.

1  Thank kniden
JackieN816, Owner at St Charles Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2021

Being able to get prime rib for yourself and a loved one is definitely something to look forward to. Our team knows to keep an eye on the cuts of meat we're serving, so both of yours should have been excellent. Knowing how good our food can be, I hope you'll give us a second chance at providing a complete meal.

See you then,

Reviewed 2 January 2021

What a great place to get a hunk of meat and more! Large inside with an eclectic interior. Started the night with a Duck Liver Pate which was scrumptious. Nice variety of accoutrements with the Pate as well and ample toasted bread pieces. Next up a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup. Onto a classic wedge salad with plenty of blue cheese dressing. The service from the bar was lickity split with ample pours/mixes. Our server Dan was very attentive and paced our meal as requested. For dinner we had the bone in ribeye for two. Perfectly cooked with plenty of mushrooms and a nice baked potato and we added asparagus which was grilled to perfection. We had the world's smallest mouse for dessert just because(too filled). Plenty to take home. This is the place to go for steak lovers and I'm sure all the fare is just as fine as we had. No frills, just good old fashioned eats!!!

Date of visit: December 2020
JackieN816, Owner at St Charles Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

As we wrote on your Yelp review, being the place to go for steak lovers is an honor. In our years of operation, we've learned that it's best to leave the frills at home -- since customers come here for the food, our focus is on the craft of cooking high-quality dishes. I hope you'll be joining us again soon so we can treat you to a meal just as enjoyable as this one was.

All the best,

Reviewed 25 December 2020

Wow. What a pleasant way to have a COVID Christmas Eve. Picked right on time and the meal was amazing. Everything cooked to perfection. Very tasty.

Date of visit: December 2020
JackieN816, Owner at St Charles Place, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Just because things are crazier this year, Jim, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to pick up a wonderful meal for Christmas Eve. I'm thrilled everything was cooked to perfection and tasty. Looking forward to the next time we get to treat you to something amazing.

Until then,