“VG sushi in fox valley”

Mr. Samurai Steak and Sushi
Ranked #97 of 186 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 16 April 2015

I continue to go to Mr Samurai because the sushi is as good as anywhere in the fox valley and the prices are more reasonable than most. I did have an entire glass of ice water spilled down my back by the waitress on this visit but I survived. Thought they would offer a free appetizer or something for my "suffering" but did not receive anything other than a sincere apology. No worries.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

i often forget about mr samurai but always come away feeling that I just had the best tasting sushi of all in the fox valley. Others may have glitzier facilities/location but can't match freshness, taste or affordability. Best smoked salmon and u ago of all in FV. Try mr samurai and you won't regret it.

Reviewed 21 September 2014 via mobile

Friends rave about this place, so I tried it with my husband and son. We waited for everything! Multiple servers came by, but it was disjointed and I'm still not sure who was in charge of us. For example, we ordered a sushi app. We finally got it, but no soy sauce or little bowls for it. A fellow patron knew where they were kept and got it for us. We then waited for 75 minutes for the hibachi chef. We were the only table there!! The food was drenched in soy sauce, to the point where everything was an unappetizing brown color. Too bad, cause he was a really nice guy. They were not busy at all (6:30 on a Fri), but the server service was terribly poor (no apologies or smiles) and it was $$ for not being able to eat. We brought home just about 2 complete meals (waste of styrofoam because we won't eat it). The sushi wasn't very good either. We won't be back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

There are three different seating areas; the bar, dining tables, hibachi benches. We sat at the bar and enjoyed the constant interaction with the staff. They had mixed up our ticket initially and since we ordered so much it took quite some time to prepare. While my mother was very upset with the long wait for our food, once she ate she understood it was worth the wait. The chef's wife, Mrs. Kim, had an orange prepared for us to snack on during our long wait after the Ede mame we ordered ran out. The waitress, Sarah, was so kind and we had a lovely conversation. The sushi chef, Mr. Kim, was very thankful for the glowing thanks we had for the delicious food. I will definitely be back with my husband and friends.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although the spot the spot their located in is less than to be desired, the restaurant has great food. You won't find more decorative sushi and quality sushi in the Fox River Valley. I highly recommend it to sushi lovers.