Lowest prices for your stay
$118
Reserve now, pay at stay
HIExpress.com$118
Travelocity$122
Hurb$124
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2021

I was double charged when I booked with points and after 4 days of trying to get ahold of them they refused to take my calls or call me back. Manager at this hotel needs to be fired. Stay anywhere else and save a headache

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2021

My husband and I stayed at this property the night of October 23, 2021. We booked because it was close to the Arcada Theatre. The morning of our stay I received a text from my American Express card indicating that a charge under the name of Country Inn & Suites had been made to our account. A call to the hotel direct proved most unsatisfactory. After speaking with four people, someone at the front desk, who indicated that she had not been employed there very long, told me that the hotel used to be owned by Country Inn and that "they" were having difficulty switching over to the proper name of Holiday Inn & Suites with their Internet provider. She did not know how long the property had been owned by the new company. Seriously??
When we arrived at the hotel after 3:00, the front desk reception was luke warm at best. Our room at first appeared clean. A closer look revealed spots on the wall around the toilet, yellowed towels, a dirty floor and a bathtub that was experiencing some kind of peeling in the finish. The room also gave off an odor like some kind of smell was underlying, perhaps from smoking. We grudgingly stayed, because we were being picked up at 5:00 for a dinner reservation at St. Charles Place to ensure a timely arrival for our concert at 8:00. The restaurant was excellent, btw. It we had had more time, we would have left. The heating/cooling system worked poorly. We were either hot or cold. We checked out at around 7:00 the next morning without showering. Yuk! We will never stay at this property again--and probably will never stay at another Holiday Inn. (I see in the heading above that this property was indeed formerly owned by Country Inn & Suites. Since I booked our stay directly with the hotel, I was unaware of this. Lesson learned, Tripadvisor! ) Bottom line: look elswhere.

Date of stay: October 2021
GENERAL MANAGER, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West - St Charles, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback! We are working on training our staff and hire more front desk agents and housecleaning help. I am sorry that you weren't 100% happy with your stay. Please give us another chance!

Reviewed 24 October 2021

WE booked this Hotel thinking it was an Elite Hotel and looked very promising, we choose this Hotel due to being very close to my job. I have stayed at many Hotels in past years. This was the worst experience I had ever experienced, we checked in on 10/22. We get into the room 133 and we have a handicap room perfect since my husband is handicap. WE get into the room stained rug and the curtain outlet isn't working correctly took 15 minutes to finally put it up and than another 15 minutes to put down and it was very frustrating. The towels were soiled and dirt on them. The bench was dirty so husband couldn't shower. This is not end of my frustration we had someone trying to get in our room around 12:30am and no one saying anything and they kept trying to open the door. WE felt that someone was trying to break in our room. No one had said they were from the front desk. They asked who we are you and my husband got up and headed to front desk. Very unprofessional how they handled this. I have worked in the Hotel business for 10 years and this is not how you should handle this situation. The night time clerk was very pleasant and very apologetic and morning shift. I will not stay at this HOTEL ever again worst experience.

Room tip: Don't stay at this HOTEL
Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback! We are working on full staff at the hotel, including cleaning crew. I hope that you can give us another chance.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Stayed in the HOTEL FROM HELL this past weekend at Holiday Inn and Suites in St. Charles, IL. It was FILTHY! Screaming in the middle of the night to the point the police should have been called but the hotel in an effort to save money would not. Just allow the patrons to hear the screams and hysterical people melting down in the hallway outside the patrons doors allowing patrons to be in danger. NO CLEAN TOWELS. My husband went and got towels the first day upon check and then the next day we came back to no maid service and dirt remained. And for this lovely service I paid 438.00! I went on Priceline to give a review so others do not get the same horrible and dirty hotel only to find the Priceline reviews are simply "made up" by Priceline. They would not even allow me to review the hotel. They want to keep selling this horrible property to unsuspecting guests. I have been using Priceline for a long time but if this is what their "customer care" service is then no thank you. I thought the reviews were honest only to find they are not even real. And the best part the "customer care" associate after not allowing me to review the hotel DISCONNECTED the chat. Talk about crappy service. Well actually NO SERVICE.

Date of stay: July 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GENERAL MANAGER, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago West - St Charles, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2021

We truly regret to read of your experiences and I hope that you know this was an anomaly which had fallen far from the high standards of service & cleanliness described by our many other guest reviews.
However, we had admittedly dropped the ball here and you can trust that your review has already been shared with our team as a training opportunity to prevent such lapses in service from occurring in the future. We do want to make this right and have already issued a partial refund from your visit.
Additionally, we are confident that given the opportunity, we can not only meet but exceed your expectations should you visit us again. We would happily extend a special manager's rate and complimentary suite upgrade as your continued feedback would be a great indicator as to how well we've addressed our guests' concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at (630) 987-4200 to make any arrangements or if you simply wish to discuss your previous visit in greater detail.
Once again, thank you for writing and for being our valued guest. We hope to see you again soon, but until then, wish you safe travels.
Warmest regards,
Tim
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Chicago West – St. Charles
(630) 987-4200

Reviewed 8 February 2021

I booked 2 rooms this past weekend and they were alright. I could tell that the hotel like all right now (including my own that I work at) are struggling to stay afloat with the skeleton crews due to covid and things were missed. But seriously Alex made up for that!! He was probably the best customer service agent I have ever met. If I could I would have hired him on the spot myself! He needs a raise and a promotion!!

Date of stay: February 2021