Lowest prices for your stay
$132
Fairfield Inn
$125
$125
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$132
Priceline$132
ZenHotels.com$144
All reviews front desk st charles geneva marriott
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2021

3 nights room 321 King suite

First the positives: Friendly staff--a good greeting on arrival; staff did address issues
as requested--for example each evening there was no decaf coffee in the lobby but the desk man immediately made a pot; the location is good for most any activity in St.
Charles & Geneva; it was a quiet hotel; the room has two TVs; there are plenty of lights for reading either in bed or in TV lounge area of room; plenty of luggage storage; good bed & pillows.
Now the not good aspects: hotel common area dimly lit with very dated decor;
no hot breakfast at this time; the elevator has carpet on floor ( bad choice in any case) and it was very dirty--not a good first impression as one leaves the lobby; in the bathroom of 321 there was a small area of mold on the ceiling over the backend of the tub and the top sheet on the bed was stained & worn to the extent that the word thread-bare is accurate. These are the kinds of problems that do not inspire confidence in the owner's commitment to a high quality guest experience. In defense of the on-duty staff--they did address these two issues during our first day
out--they cleaned/possibly painted the mold area & did a complete housekeeping service, complete with new, clean sheets & towels.
We go to this area on at least an annual basis & might give Fairfield another chance but would only do so with a room inspection prior to checking in.

Room tip: top floor was quiet and facing east was away from any possible road noise
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 23 June 2021

This is a Marriott property? Well, to start, they put us in a room where the air conditioning didn't work. Thermostat was set at 59 and room was 76, Went back to front desk and the young man working the desk hesitated to find another room for us. I wasn't going anywhere. "I don't know if there are other rooms cleaned yet." After he told me NOT to turn the thermostat that low or the air-conditioning will break I knew he had no idea what he was doing. Yeah, I didn't put it that low. It's broken. I told him it's cooler in the lobby than that room. He said, "Well, not really. I bet it's 75 in here." Dude, you are not putting me back into that room. So I told him to check for another room and that I'll wait. He went into the back and must have been speaking with an actual supervisor because he miraculously found one right across the. hallway from the first one. The air-conditioning was awesome! The bed was comfortable. But everything was needing to be updated. Everything in this hotel is old and rundown. The pool area has rusty railings on the steps of jacuzzi, pool, and really rusted on the required lift chair for the handicapped swimmer. The towels are so worn and scratchy that I thought of dishtowels when using them. They left us with a half of roll on the toilet paper holder and no extra. Had to walk to the cleaning person's cart down the hallway to grab some. The kicker was that the carpet in room (and I'm sure everywhere else in hotel) was filthy. Black bare feet when I was going to bed made me put on white socks for the test. Yep, black white socks after walking around in room. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. So folks if you want a hotel that has a good location, but is rundown, this is your place.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 20 October 2020

Location was key for us. Visiting St Charles we stayed here as this Marriott was literally on the border/corner of both St Charles and Geneva, IL (not lake_geneva).

Food options: no need to signal out any - there were plenty of options EVERYWHERE you looked, walked or drove. There is coffee within walking distance, groceries if needed, gas and shopping-Geneva.

The hotel: well it is a very comfortable Marriott, very. Clean, COVID-19 awareness was good.

The hotel has snack and beverage kiosk for those late night hunger craving and needs.

The only Con we experienced is the noise level was pretty bad, from TVs movie spilling from rooms, to people having wild-screaming-wall banging-sex next door - our first night after work and driving there was not a peaceful one.

Whatever you need for a family of any dynamics is near this Marriott.

Room tip: Best Hotel in St. Charles near food and shopping.
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank GraysonCampbell
Reviewed 29 August 2020

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites briefly while visiting family in St. Charles. I was very impressed with the way that the staff was able to provide impeccable customer service while making all of their accommodations for COVID safety clear and understood. I very much appreciated the attention to detail that characterized my stay.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

We came to St. Charles just to see Donnie & Jenny’s Wahlburgers. We could not have picked a more perfect hotel!! Not only was it quiet and comfortable with a complimentary breakfast, it is directly across the street from the aforementioned Wahlburgers! Any Blockheads in the area for the same reason we were, look no further than Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Charles! :)

Date of stay: August 2020