“Riverfront Dining”

20:00
Ranked #5 of 169 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: For years, Zaza's has been dedicated to providing excellent food and service at our original location est. 1995: La Zaza's Trattoria in St. Charles. We want you to know there are restaurants in surrounding areas using names similar to our own, but they are not related to, or affiliated with us in any manner.
Reviewed 21 January 2022

Opted for dinner at ZaZa's while visiting St. Charles on advice of a friend. Really good food and service! Reservations for your desired time strongly recommended days in advance, otherwise you might end up eating earlier than you want.

Date of visit: January 2022
1  Thank michelebarry2
Write a reviewReviews (260)

Reviewed 3 January 2022

The food was great! Our server was great- very attentive! This was our first visit to this place. We will be back!

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 1 February 2021

We had just attended the funeral of my best friend, and were looking for a place for dinner. After some searching on TripAdvisor, we selected this place.

First off, get a reservation. This place is busy.

The décor is in interesting - nothing unusual, but nice lighting, good wall texture and art. There is a lot to look at.

If you are worried about the COVID restrictions of Illinois, worry not. Look at the statistics. In Region 1 in December, schools were contributing 20 cases out of 100, and restaurants 3. Who got closed with no seating? Well, it wasn't schools. So wear your mask and enjoy dinner indoors. If you don't want to do that - don't post about it for restaurants who are disobeying an illegal order.

Now back to the food. Really good. We started with their Bruschetta Spinachi - it was enough for four people, and it was very good. It just sparkled on your palate.

I decided to go for their 8 ounce filet, while my wife tried their Gemelli. Both were delicious - I cut the filet into smaller pieces to allow more time to enjoy it.

We finished sharing their Chocolate Cake Ganache desert, ala mode.

The wine list was solid - we ordered a bottle of Jordan Cabernet, and the price was quite reasonable.

Our service was excellent - our waitress was masked at all times. When we saw her approaching, we put our masks on out of respect for her safety. If we weren't eating, we were wearing our masks out of respect for everyone's safety.

Nuff said?

Summary:
Great food and service.
Interesting decor.
Get a reservation.
Enjoy safely.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 7 January 2021

My husband and I ventured out to St Charles and were surprised to see indoor dining since Illinois has a current ban on it. Nevertheless, we entered the restaurant and were seated right away.

The food was delicious!

Unfortunately, our waiter wore ONLY a face shield and not a mask. Everyone else wore a mask. One of the problems is that the waiter is very friendly and talks to make conversation. But with a face shield only there is no protection to anyone else ~ actually not much to himself either.

Not wearing a face mask under his shield offers no protection for us as customers and for that reason we will not return. I should have asked for another waiter but did not want to ruin my husband's, already anxious, mood.

And even had I requested another waitperson, the restaurant employees and customers are at risk.

In "normal" times I would have rated this a 5 but safety is important in our day.

What bothers me even more is that I read the reviews (after going to the restaurant) and there has already been concern about this expressed and nothing has been done. Too bad.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank hippyways
Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

The food was only outdone by the service. We had Steven who made it the best experience. We have been here many times but last night was the best combo. The sea bass special was spot on along with the salmon.

Date of visit: December 2020