2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/02/23
CrownePlaza.com
$132
Free cancellation until 12/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Vio.com
$117
Expedia.com$132
Hotels.com$132
Lol.travel$161
1,459 results
All reviews front desk across the street o'hare airport outlet mall close to the airport shuttle service o hare chicago flight conference airline refrigerator outlets ord downtown proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2022 via mobile

I booked this hotel with points and being an platinum member with IHG. Arrived at the hotel at 1am in the morning. Beware, no shuttle service at this time from the airport to the hotel is provided.
Checkin was quick and easy, free wifi Code offered. Room was bit outdated and smaller then expected. Windows facing the doubletree hotel on the other side.
Plenty of power plugs in the room available but no usb. Also coffee machine from Keurig but the hotel did not even provided free bottles of water. Not sure if this a member benefit but anyhow, i didn’t want to use the tap water to make myself a coffee.
Return airport shuttle on the hour was no problem. Directly to the terminal needed. In walking distance are the fashion premium outlets of Chicago. Otherwise, nothing else around.

Just as info, at my arrival time the Uber price from the airport was 25$. Instead I used the metro for 5$ for one station and walked from there 8 minutes.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Hauptstadteinwohner
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2022

Hello Hauptstadteinwohner,

We value your opinion as it helps us understand how to serve our guests better. I shared your review with our management team. Our staff will review all your concerns as soon as possible. I offer you my humble apology for the shortcomings. The goal of our staff is to make you feel relaxed and at home.

Thank you for making us your primary choice for accommodation. Our staff would love to serve you again and show you the improvements based on your comments and opinion.

Please visit again soon!

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 June 2022

My wife was here for a conference and i decided to tag along. The rooms are newly updated and the bed were comfortable. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work so the steam in the shower were awful. The rooms were however clean and tidy. They did not clean the rooms each day (which i think has become an industry standard due to staffing). It has a nice bar on the ground floor and a place for breakfast in the mornings. It was a solid place to stay as their are many food options around if you just walk around.

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

We traveled in for a conference. The hotel was alright, albeit quite dated.
I had a room on the 11th floor and the size was nice. There is a small fridge if needed. The bathroom had some water damage as well as peeling wallpaper. Additionally I would bring your own toiletries.
The staff was friendly and the meeting space was adequate.
It is quite close to some great food and entertainment options!

Room tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators, they are quite loud. The restaurant attached, Caddyshack, closes their bar early on weeknights.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Cher Jacobsen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2022

Dear tigrrl06,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. Our team will be happy to learn that you took some time to recognize them for their service. Your feedback is very much appreciated and will be shared with our team.
We appreciate your business and looking forward to welcoming you back when in the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

$25 for breakfast? Got the hotel rate with 2 people for breakfast at a discount rate but they won’t give a discount on the third person in our room. Kept being told to call a different number- but they wouldn’t give me a valid phone number. We haven’t even arrived and I am trying to figure out what to do for the third person. Absolutely ridiculous. Wish we had picked somewhere else to stay. The other reviews on here promising for when we arrive in 5 days.

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Cher Jacobsen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2022

Dear 57Obonniea,

It is with great regret to learn that you had some issue while making your reservation. Please call hotel directly if you have any questions regarding your reservations and our team would be happy to assist you.

Reviewed 4 April 2022

It’s rather sad to see a brand you used to like and appreciate so much in the past struggle like this in these times. Here we have a huge hotel operating at probably less than 25% capacity having to cut costs so much that it does affect the customer experience which is no longer in line with its name and rating status.
It’s clean, bed is comfy, reception staff pleasant, no aircraft noises and that’s it. No restaurants facilities (Murray’s is NOT chargeable to the room), no breakfast worthy of the name (and unpleasant staff), restrictions on toiletries, noisy old fashioned heater and AirCon, only a hourly shuttle on a first come first served basis (if you miss it then tough oh and wait no shuttle at 1pm either!!!), the list goes on.
There are 5 lifts to access your floor, all working but with general access rather than key card access. I think this present a huge security risk in what probably is a target zone for potential thief’s with tired unwary tourists abound.
Use it as a quick overnight and that’s it, no more. Personally, the lack of adequate evening and morning restaurant facilities is a step too far so I’d go to the hotel right at the airport where the shuttles are and save myself the hassle of a random shuttle driven by a could not care less driver. Right now this is not a Crowne Plaza hotel but a fancy overnight bed. This is especially true if you’re arriving from a long overnight foreign flight and you’re trying to find your feet.

Date of stay: April 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2022

Hello Doyen_Journeyer,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

As one of our regular guests, I want all your visits with us to be pleasant. I am sorry to learn about your disappointment. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, as a reference for the improvement of the services offered. I trust that the steps that will be taken will make your next visits with us better than the last.

I hope you choose us again!

Best regards,