“A pleasant stay at O'Hare”

Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I spend one night here due to a United Airlines snafu. I found the hotel to be comfortable, recently renovated, and fairly quiet.

I was given a room directly off the elevator lobby on the 13th floor. I was initially concerned about noise from the elevators, but fortunately I heard nothing throughout the evening. The room itself was simple -- nothing special, but with everything typically found in a decent hotel. The bathroom was recently renovated with granite counters and a new tub/shower with strong water pressure.

I ate dinner at the restaurant which I found to be rather grim (it's in a windowless space on the ground floor), but the food was fairly good. It's not the best space for single diners. There are a few bar stools at the front of the restaurant, but the tables are set up for larger groups. I was seated awkwardly next to a couple, who quickly moved over a table for some privacy. If I stayed at this hotel again, I think I would venture out to a neighboring restaurant (there are many hotels in the immediate vicinity) to find a restaurant more comfortable for lone diners.

The fitness facilities are excellent: separate rooms for strength-training/free weights and cardio machines, and a decent swimming pool (no hot tub).

The shuttle service to/from the airport was smooth. From O'Hare, the shuttle picks you up from the centralized shuttle location; when returning to the airport from the hotel, the shuttle drops you off directly at your terminal. The shuttle departs every 30 minutes from the hotel. On a Friday morning at 8:30am, the ride from the hotel to the United terminal took exactly 8 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David_Boston_MA
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities. Also, thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed experience of dining at our restaurant, the CFO. Although disappointed that your dining experience was less than satisfactory, we do appreciate getting your honest feedback. I will pass your valued comments to our Chef and Culinary Team. We do our best to brighten up the restaurant by adding various levels of general lightening to ensure it’s not too high or too low so that our guests are able to enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. We appreciate your comments very much. Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

(847) 928-3700

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We ended up here as a result of a missed connection at O Hare, and got a voucher from United Airlines. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Room was clean and spacious - nice bathroom! Only drawback was a tattoo convention which meant alot of interesting characters hanging around, but no problem otherwise.

We used the hotel shuttle to get back and forth - again, once we were able to locate it (Door 2) we were good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to supersede your expectations. It’s always nice to be able to surprise our guests and provide them with a great experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here one night overall a good stay. Checked in with 3 staff at the lobby so there was no wait. I requested a higher floor room and was granted one. Room: THe room had 2 beds, nice decor. I did not hear noise from the planes til the morning which I'm guess O'hare changed their landing patterns. The Bathroom was small, the sink is super small and I didn't like that. THe room was a long walk from the elevator. THe hotel is huge. THe only issue I had was parking. They do charge about $23 for overnight parking for guests staying which I think is ridiculous. I went online before hand to find overnight parking here at $13. It's airport parking websites that allow you to select this hotel to park for the time. My room was also facing the parking lot, and I saw ppl parking in the 15 min parking overnight. I really don't think they will tow/ticket cars parked at their visitors parking if you park from say 11pm to 6am. I didn't take a risk, just reporting my observation. Upon checkout, I asked the lobby staff for local directions, and toll roads, they had no clue. Only one staff member at the lobby and had to call in someone which was taking too long and so I left. There is a breakfast restaurant downstairs as well as a starbucks. For one night this was a good stay. Close to airport, I did see the shuttle pickup folks going to O'Hare.

Room Tip: Pick High floors.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

We would like thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms except for the bathroom size. Our parking rate is competitive within our area. I have addressed with our Rooms Director about our staff who was unable to answer your questions about directions, toll roads and the local area. I hope that this experience did not deter you from returning to our hotel and would greatly appreciate if you give us another try.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This place has to be the most physically guest unfriendly place I have ever stayed. Access to guest rooms is difficult do not stay here if any one has the slightest mobility issue. It is difficult to even get your luggage to the room. Forget asking for a luggage cart you get a lecture on the Teamsters and will wait at least a half an hour. Front desk Staff was friendly, but unresponsive. Rooms are fine and clean. Entire facility is clean. Parking is a nightmare when large groups are present.If I did not have events scheduled here I would never stay here due to the aggravation of getting to and from the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and I apologize that our staff was not more responsive to your needs. I have reviewed all of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue to ensure these do not occur in the future. We are hopeful that you would consider giving the hotel another opportunity to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional service and product. I would like to personally invite you back and have sent you a private email message to speak with you in more detail.

Direct Line: (847) 928-3700

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Absolutely a great place to stay ! Not a negative thing to say about this hotel !!

• Stayed: April 2012

We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities as well as recognizing the hard work our dedicated staff members perform on a daily basis. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.