I spend one night here due to a United Airlines snafu. I found the hotel to be comfortable, recently renovated, and fairly quiet.
I was given a room directly off the elevator lobby on the 13th floor. I was initially concerned about noise from the elevators, but fortunately I heard nothing throughout the evening. The room itself was simple -- nothing special, but with everything typically found in a decent hotel. The bathroom was recently renovated with granite counters and a new tub/shower with strong water pressure.
I ate dinner at the restaurant which I found to be rather grim (it's in a windowless space on the ground floor), but the food was fairly good. It's not the best space for single diners. There are a few bar stools at the front of the restaurant, but the tables are set up for larger groups. I was seated awkwardly next to a couple, who quickly moved over a table for some privacy. If I stayed at this hotel again, I think I would venture out to a neighboring restaurant (there are many hotels in the immediate vicinity) to find a restaurant more comfortable for lone diners.
The fitness facilities are excellent: separate rooms for strength-training/free weights and cardio machines, and a decent swimming pool (no hot tub).
The shuttle service to/from the airport was smooth. From O'Hare, the shuttle picks you up from the centralized shuttle location; when returning to the airport from the hotel, the shuttle drops you off directly at your terminal. The shuttle departs every 30 minutes from the hotel. On a Friday morning at 8:30am, the ride from the hotel to the United terminal took exactly 8 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the BRAND NEW, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. With newly renovated guest rooms and suites, ballrooms, meeting rooms, restaurant, and common areas, our full-service hotel delivers BRAND NEW comforts, along with attentive service and a variety of amenities. Perfect for the business and leisure traveler, all just minutes from O'Hare and steps away from the Donald Stevens Convention Center and Rosemont Theater. BRAND NEW GUEST ROOMS AND SUITES - All 503 of the hotels guest rooms have been completely re-styled and are eco-friendly. The rooms are decorated with a delightfully rich design that is classic and comfortable. All of the furniture is custom made with the best materials and crafted by the finest of experts. Dining is delectable and close at hand. Choices include dining at Chicago Fire Oven, a full service restaurant which offers specialty sandwiches, salads, pizzas and burgers, grab a bite at On the Fly, offering a variety of breakfast pastries, salads and sandwiches, or relax at our Visibility Bar, enjoying specialty pizzas with 10 beers on tap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Rosemont
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Rosemont