“Surprisingly nice....”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Surprisingly nice....”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We ended up here as a result of a missed connection at O Hare, and got a voucher from United Airlines. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was. Room was clean and spacious - nice bathroom! Only drawback was a tattoo convention which meant alot of interesting characters hanging around, but no problem otherwise.

We used the hotel shuttle to get back and forth - again, once we were able to locate it (Door 2) we were good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to supersede your expectations. It’s always nice to be able to surprise our guests and provide them with a great experience. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Cher Jacobsen
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jerzy, USA
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here one night overall a good stay. Checked in with 3 staff at the lobby so there was no wait. I requested a higher floor room and was granted one. Room: THe room had 2 beds, nice decor. I did not hear noise from the planes til the morning which I'm guess O'hare changed their landing patterns. The Bathroom was small, the sink is super small and I didn't like that. THe room was a long walk from the elevator. THe hotel is huge. THe only issue I had was parking. They do charge about $23 for overnight parking for guests staying which I think is ridiculous. I went online before hand to find overnight parking here at $13. It's airport parking websites that allow you to select this hotel to park for the time. My room was also facing the parking lot, and I saw ppl parking in the 15 min parking overnight. I really don't think they will tow/ticket cars parked at their visitors parking if you park from say 11pm to 6am. I didn't take a risk, just reporting my observation. Upon checkout, I asked the lobby staff for local directions, and toll roads, they had no clue. Only one staff member at the lobby and had to call in someone which was taking too long and so I left. There is a breakfast restaurant downstairs as well as a starbucks. For one night this was a good stay. Close to airport, I did see the shuttle pickup folks going to O'Hare.

Room Tip: Pick High floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
We would like thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms except for the bathroom size. Our parking rate is competitive within our area. I have addressed with our Rooms Director about our staff who was unable to answer your questions about directions, toll roads and the local area. I hope that this experience did not deter you from returning to our hotel and would greatly appreciate if you give us another try.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This place has to be the most physically guest unfriendly place I have ever stayed. Access to guest rooms is difficult do not stay here if any one has the slightest mobility issue. It is difficult to even get your luggage to the room. Forget asking for a luggage cart you get a lecture on the Teamsters and will wait at least a half an hour. Front desk Staff was friendly, but unresponsive. Rooms are fine and clean. Entire facility is clean. Parking is a nightmare when large groups are present.If I did not have events scheduled here I would never stay here due to the aggravation of getting to and from the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
CPOHotel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for providing feedback to us on your recent stay. It is always our goal to provide an exceptional experience and great service to all customers. I am sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory and I apologize that our staff was not more responsive to your needs. I have reviewed all of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue to ensure these do not occur in the future. We are hopeful that you would consider giving the hotel another opportunity to demonstrate our ongoing commitment to providing exceptional service and product. I would like to personally invite you back and have sent you a private email message to speak with you in more detail.

Direct Line: (847) 928-3700
Reminderville, oh
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Absolutely a great place to stay ! Not a negative thing to say about this hotel !!

• Stayed April 2012
We appreciate the feedback you have provided on your recent stay and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated guestrooms and hotel facilities as well as recognizing the hard work our dedicated staff members perform on a daily basis. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently to attend a wedding at the hotel. Overall, I was pleased with the hotel. Our room was spacious enough, everything was clean and well-kept, and the bed was comfortable. The food in the restaurant (we had lunch there twice) was good quality (they have Starbucks coffee, espresso, etc.), and the banquet facilities were nice. They have their own shuttle for airport pickups. The subway into Chicago is about a 10-minute walk. Considering that we were near the airport (although I think the hotel is more than a mile away), we didn't hear much airplane noise. You have to pay for Wifi if you bring your computer (don't recall how much). My only complaint is we had a package waiting for us that we really needed upon arrival, and the front desk person couldn't get to it because she didn't have the key to the package room. She said she would send someone up with the package, but it hadn't come after about half an hour and we wanted it before we left to go into town. I went down to the desk and it was sitting there on the counter. Otherwise, service was nice and the staff was friendly. (Also, there are several other hotels with restaurants that you can walk to if you are here for a few nights and want to eat at different places.)

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review! We greatly appreciate all of your positive comments. It appears that we definitely failed when it came to the package delivery. My staff and I reviewed your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve this issue. Again, we are terribly sorry that your package was not delivered to you directly in a timely manner but we invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. We are very happy you enjoyed your overall stay and hope to see you again very soon.