“A Hidden Gem”

Pine Grove Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have been dining at Pine Grove for years. It is a hallmark of consistency; always good food, fair prices, good service. One should go here for those components - it is not a trendy or exciting place - it is simply dependable good food.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stopped for dinner while overnight in Chicago. We were not expecting much but had a pleasant surprise.. I ordered the tialpia and had them blacken it, and the meal was excellent. My wife had the half chicken dinner and she was very happy with it. The only disappointment was dessert. I ordered a piece of cherry pie, but is was only a small piece from a grocery store box, and I did not accept it, My wife had the carrot cake, and she said it was just okay. Service was excellent Our server was Rogelio and we had a bus girl who was also very helpful

Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your dinner entrees. I apologize for your unhappiness with the dessert selection. We have been working on updating our dessert menu, and look forward to doing so soon. I will pass your compliments along to Rogelio and Maria, they are both a true asset to our team.
Thanks again,
Sarah

Reviewed 25 July 2014

While I have only eaten breakfast at the Pine Grove, I do so whenever I visit our Higgins Road office. I like the neighborhood feeling and it is right in the middle of the O'Hare airport Hotels, shopping, and offices. Good Service, good coffee, and sometimes comedic waitresses. :-)

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast, we look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was traveling to Chicago on business and asked the concierge for a good breakfast spot, he referred me to Pine Grove restaurant and it exceeded my expectations. The food was fantastic and the service was very warm and friendly! Highly recommend!

1  Thank Ali111708
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

On behalf of the entire Pine Grove Team, we thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your dining experience, and look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was at this restaurant on 6/22. Staff was very friendly! Food was terrible. I had pasta premevera w/chicken, salad, diet cola and cheescake. The best thing was the glass of water. Pasta premevera had too much vegetables that weren't cooked properly, chicken was cold when I got it, salad was old and not a lot of veggies (one piece of tomato and one ring of onion), diet cola was flat and the cheesecake was so dry. I would never eat there again. Hotel I stayed at said that this restaurant wasn't that good but after I read the good reviews I desided to give it a shot. I will listen to the hotel next time. Big waste of $30

Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal. We take great pride in preparing all meals fresh to order, to hear your meal was not satisfactory is taken very seriously. We appreciate all feedback as it better helps us train our staff and serve our guests. Please accept my apologies for your poor dining experience.
Sarah