If I could give the hotel a 3.5 here, I would, but since it isn't an option I am giving them the benefit of the doubt and rating a 4.
Got a good rate at this hotel over the weekend. The price was very good for the area, particularly including free breakfast and parking. Parking at this hotel is VERY tight, and seemed to fill up to 100% each night. The breakfast was sufficient, though the breakfast area was rather crowded and seemed a little bit too small for the size of the hotel.
One of the 3 elevators seemed to be out of service, which led to sometimes long waits for elevators during peak times.
The room itself was decent. Furnishings seemed pretty new and were in good condition. The TV was nice and had a large amount of HD programming, which was nice. Others have complained about the WIFI here, but it worked great for us and was actually extremely fast.
The most deficient area I found was the bathroom. This is the one area where the age of this hotel showed. It was very small, and the upgrades seemed cheap. The floor was old and bland, and the shower was a cheap fiberglass insert instead of nice tile.
The shuttle driver was nice enough to drop us off at the L station one morning. I'm not sure if they would have picked us back up there, but we decided to walk given the nice weather. The walk from the L station to the hotel is not fun. It lacks sidewalks and you have to cross a busy intersection with no pedestrian signals. Not the hotel's fault, but something to keep in mind.
Overall this is a decent hotel if you can get it at a competitive rate. There wasn't anything *wrong* with the room or the hotel in general, however nothing really wowed me. It was clean and the beds were comfortable, but no frills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the right choice, make the smart choice! We offer a hot breakfast, length of stay parking, and high speed internet all complimentary. Traveling to O'Hare; use our convenient 24 hour O'Hare Airport shuttle service. It leaves the hotel at :15 and :45 past every hour. Once at the airport, make your way to the bus/shuttle center. We pick- up at door #2 two times per hour at the :00 and :30 (please call for pick-up between 11pm - 6am). Located minutes from the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Allstate Arena, Rosemont Theater and Rivers Casino. Conveniently close to the CTA 'Blue Line'. Take the train downtown to see the Magnificent Mile, Chicago Museums, McCormick Place or many other attractions. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy easy access to Chicago Cubs, White Sox, Bears, Bulls and Blackhawk games. Our all suite-property includes spacious rooms which all have a fridge and microwave. Find time to use our Indoor swimming pool and 24 hour fitness center. With over 6,000 sq ft of flexible meeting space, we can help plan your next event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Chicago Springhill Suites