“The second best Chicago pizza chain”
Review of Gino's East

Gino's East
Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gino's serves up legendary Chicago style deep-dish pizza,crispy thin crust pizza, salads, sandwiches and pasta. Full bar featuring Chicago craft beers, party room for up to 100, intimate patio seating and delivery to O'Hare corridor hotels.
Reviewed 16 January 2017

My favorite food in Chicago is the deep dish. It holds a firm middle spot in my personal food pyramid right above beer and below healthy options. Gino's is long on crust flavor by using crunchy cornmeal and does not skimp on toppings such as veggies or meat. When you order sausage you get a whole patty as a base.

This is an especially pleasing location as there never seems to be any wait. It's connected to a bunch of office buildings where I work. This presents incredible convenience as I can order a pizza early, that can take 45 minutes to make, keep working, then go pick it up and we have a meal for the whole team without any driving or lengthy delivery.

To me this is the second best Chicago pizza chain. Nothing can break my love for a Lou Malnatis crust.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Gino's for Deep Dish Pizza is a name well known for the Chicago area - but is it the best? You will have to decide for yourself. Found it to be filling with light crust. Calamari was exceptional. Mozzarella cheese sticks and Zuchnini sticks will tasty a bit overdone from a cooking standpoint. Think crust pizza was equally good, so the battle of deep dish vs thin crust, even within this establishment relies on personal preference. Both approaches were good and well presented.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

We came to Gino's East because we really enjoy the pizza. It is one of the best deep dish pizzas around. There is plenty on the pizza and the crust is always good. We also ordered the cheesy garlic bread, as soon as we walked in. We had pre-ordered the pizza, so it was ready shortly thereafter. This Gino's East has great ambiance and the staff is very friendly and efficient. One of the best things about the deep dish pizza, it always tastes good the next morning or afternoon.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I had been to other Chicago style pizzarias and decided to try this one (Uno's, Pizanos, Lou Malnatis, Giordanos). I liked it as it delivers a slightly different pizza experience. I called in the order ahead from my hotel room as it takes quite a while to bake these things. The beer choice was good and the pizza came out piping hot an delicious. The difference here is that infusion of some corn meal in the dough. I believe it may be healthier since the buttery crust of the others cannot be better for you, despite being delicious as well. The sauce appears to be tomatoes with some sweetness added. It was tasty. I took the last two pieces (of six) to my hotel room and ate them the next day and they were still very tasty. Chicago is blessed to have so many great choices.

Russel L, Owner at Gino's East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Thanks for the great review. Hope to see you again soon at Gino's. Russ

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Local place, very low key atmosphere, plenty of tv screens blasting sports. Pizza is really good, known for deep dish but the thin crust is excellent as well. Nice salads and appetizers. I came away full, give it a try when you are in the Chicago area.

Russel L, Owner at Gino's East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Thanks for the nice review. Please visit us again. Russ

Been to Gino's East? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK