“Sorry I had to come home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Copperstone Inn

Copperstone Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockton B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Sorry I had to come home!”
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I regretfully left the perfection of the Copperstone Inn after a two-night stay, to come back to the reality of my home. But even though the stay was brief, it was unforgettably wonderful. The Inn is charming, set on over 100 acres, complete with apple orchard and pond, where you can sit and just watch the world go by. The owners have paid painstaking attention to detail, from the amenities they offer their guests, to the decor. I wish I had had enough time to explore the walking trails and try out the hot tub--I hope I have another opportunity to visit, because the experience from beginning to end was perfect--there's just no other way to describe it. I also wanted to comment on the breakfasts--fabulous! And the home-made cookies that awaited me in my room--honestly, the best I've ever had. All in all, an incredible visit!

Room Tip: First floor--Apple Cellar Room has a wonderful vi!
Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
USA
Reviewed 15 February 2011

What a wonderful getaway…. the Copperstone Inn!!!!!!! My husband and I have stayed in several bed and breakfasts. This is the best one yet! Following is what made this stay exceptional!

• Saundra, the innkeeper gave us a complete tour upon arriving. She explained everything about the room and inn very clearly and specifically.
• The home is a beautifully restored home plus a large addition. The thought into the detail of the restoration was amazing. The whole house is a “feast for the eyes.”
• The inn was so clean one felt comfortable going barefooted in the room!
• The grounds are beautiful in the winter. We can’t wait to see them in another season. We enjoyed using the snow shoes to go on a walk.
• The outdoor gazebo type building WITH heat and a restroom had a wonderful whirlpool. We didn’t use it but it was very inviting.
• The food was absolutely fabulous. Fresh fruit with yogurt and granola, apple streusel muffins, puff pastry with scrambled eggs and sauce over the top, sticky bun French toast, shirred eggs ( a new experience for us…absolutely wonderful), bacon, juice, coffee
• A refrigerator in the room with pop and bottled water
• A safe in the room for valuables
• Granola bars, raisins, teas, coffee, water with lemon, popcorn available in the common areas
• Movie theater area with around 400 movies available
• Various restaurants in surrounding communities
• Spa area available for massages, facials, and pedicures

If you are looking for a luxurious relaxing getaway choose Copperstone Inn!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Elmhurst, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Stunningly beautiful house and property. Impeccable service. We stayed in the Queens Retreat and it was spectacular. They helped with dinner reservations in Rockford and our meal was outstanding as well. Breakfast was delightful and delicious.

Verona, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Coppertone Inn for one night in late December of 2010. We were greeted and given a tour of the house by Saundra. The property is fenced in and the entire property includes a large tree orchard, a pavillion (for wedding banquets), a pond with a bridge, a screened in gazebo at the edge of the woods, and the Inn itself - over 100 acres, with future plans for a winery in the works. We stayed in the 1858 limestone loft and the details were immaculate with integrated electronics, music, lights juxtaposed with the old architecture. The only thing I, personally did not find exceptional was that the bed was too soft for my taste (my wife thought it was perfectly comfortable). We were given RFID key fobs which gave you access to the public areas and the main doors of the house as well as the hot tub (which was operational even in 10 degree (F) weather! (you had to go outside for a bit to get to to the hot tub). The double shower was hot and had nice water pressure. The breakfast was ready and freshly made (several slices of thick, crispy bacon, waffles, and a hearty quiche, along with water, juice and coffee). I've stayed at pretty nice hotels, in asia and Vancouver (see my Sutton place review), but this B&B "blows them out of the water" with the personalized service and unique touches. We went show shoeing just before breakfast using the Inn provided show shoes and walked over to the edge of the woods where the screened in gazebo was (about 20 minutes one way), looped back around the pavillion, and back to the inn (about 50 minutes round trip in about 12 inches of powder snow). There were several common areas for reading/socializing/playing games that were all nicely decorated and quite cozy. The games were more general types (connect four, yahtzee (sp?), etc) instead of the games we typically liked to play (Catan, etc.) and there was no in-house alcohol (complimentary or for sale due to state laws) so if you want that, be sure to bring your own beer, wine, liquor (until they get their winery going). I would recommend staying *at least* two nights - one night was way too short! One other note, if you're not from the area, be sure to bring a good GPS since the rural backroads are somewhat difficult to navigate especially at night.

Tremont, Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2010

Copperstone Inn - a Luxury Bed and Breakfast. And that it is! Luxury is not just a catchy adjective for advertising purposes. It truly is luxurious!! We wanted to find a special place to celebrate our 20th anniversary not too far from home and found their website. We were impressed but not nearly as impressed as seeing everything in person! We were greeted and invitied in with warm smiles, shown to our room, and given a tour of the house and grounds in order to take full advantage of all the amenties available. Owners Rich and Chrissie and innkeeper Saundra made our stay so wonderful. They go above and beyond being hospitable. We were spoiled with fresh baked cookies in our room, scrumptious breakfasts, comfy robes, dreamy linens, organic bath products, and more! Rich and Chrissie are visionaries/entrepeneurs. What they've done and want to do on the property has made us even more excited for future visits. We can't get back soon enough for me!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockton
11.4 km away
Hampton Inn Rockford
#2 of 25 in Rockford
28.4 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockford

Been to Copperstone Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK