“Great sandwich”

Ranked #79 of 373 Restaurants in Rockford
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 August 2016

I have been going here for years, they have the best Gyros in Rockford, the other selection of sandwiches are also very good.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

This little joint has been serving up Italian beef sandwiches to bar closers ever since I can remember! No dining in - in fact there is hardly room to hold 4 or 5 customers at a time. Food is passed thru a little hole in the wall to the cashier. I have such fond memories of gyros, italian beef, and pizza puffs, but I must have been drunk most of the time. My last couple of visits made me wonder what I was thinking.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

Don't let the looks of this location sway you to stay away...they are part of the charm! To Die For gyros!!! Good late night food too or after a late night!!!

Reviewed 3 June 2015

If you are out and about in downtown(East side) Rockford and looking for a meal that hits the spot, stop and grab a gyro combo at Uncle Nick's. Their gyros and French fries are always made fresh and piping hot. Most of the time all of the fries are eaten before we make it home :)

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Pint your ordinary gyros. They pack the meat on. One of my favorites whenever I'm in RF. The place could be cleaned a little more. That's why I strictly use the drive through. Will always be back for more.