All reviews dressing area continental breakfast was adequate clock radio room was clean small fridge and microwave bagels safe neighborhood the general manager place to sleep bare bones parking lot smoking room housekeeping staff scott motel shampoo tile
Reviewed 10 January 2012

The Alpine Inn is an excellent place to stay for long and short stays. :It is always clean and well maintained. The manager and desk staff are great to deal with. Parking and security are never a problem. I would consider this motel to be a great recommendation to my own friends and relatives. I have stayed there on a number of occasions.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front are bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Tom O
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Very nice for the price,clean,comforable ..Mary at the front desk very helpful ..would go back
For sure

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tina H
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here to attend a concert in Rockford (we drove out from Chicago). I chose this inn carefully, based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and on the price/location. This inn was a decent value for the price we paid - it was clean, the front counter staff was helpful, and it is conveniently located on State St. We didn't really need many amenities, since we were only staying one night. All in all, if you're a value shopper, this might be a good place for you.

A few things to note - not to be overly picky about things, but we travel often and usually rely heavily on TripAdvisor to advise us on hotels in unknown towns:
- Everything is pretty outdated, including the bathroom, the shower tile, the shower tub/basin, and the furniture.
- The room has the bare-bones basics of toiletries and amenties (i.e., don't expect to see fancy shampoos, soaps, a shower cap, and a blow dryer if that's what you're used to). Again, we didn't need much, but I thought it worth noting.
- There is something strange with the TV remote and the heater. Pushing the up button on the TV remote control also turned on/off the heater. In the middle of the night, as I was still watching TV, I accidentally turned off the heater. My wife and I awoke in the middle of the night freezing.

The hotel is conveniently located to a ton of stuff in the area - restaurants, a CVS, bars, etc. So, again, good value for the money.

Room Tip: Not sure....
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JVernonNg
Reviewed 14 November 2011

What a nice Inn. 2 large bedrooms and front room, kitchen. It was so quit. You have a very nice place that we hope to be able to come and stay at again. I would recommend this to anyone. The employee were so nice. The Inn was clean. Nice breakfast area. They do a few extra things to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: This is like a mini apartment at the top of the Inn. It is so neat.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2011

This hotel might be small but it is big on value and service! The staff is super friendly and helpful and the maids are also very helpful and cordial. We really enjoyed the very clean and tidy rooms and locations is just prefect for visiting this busy little city. We would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family