“Pleasantly Surprised”

Motel 6 Prospect Heights IL
Reviewed 8 April 2012

A buddy and I came up to Chicago for a show but we were on a budget so we had to stay far away from the city for a decent rate. The facilities were clean and the room was nothing fancy but there were no problems with it. The guy working the desk at check in was very nice and accommodating. Thanks to him we were able to make it to and from the city with ease. Like I said it's nothing fancy but it's a great value and a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank ColombusCrew1985
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Prospect Heights IL

Reviewed 15 January 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. We were able to hear the tvs from other rooms however, I don't know if these people had the volume turned way up or if the walls were just kind of thin but it wasn't so loud that it was distracting.

Included breakfast was cereal, bagels, bread, coffee, and juice.

When booking the description noted that a fridge and microwave were available upon request so I did request this when I booked via hotels.com...upon check-in I inquired about this was was flatly told there were no rooms available with the fridge and microwave. I was disappointed but we didn't pay much for the room so I wasn't put out by it.

I did happen to discover two condom wrappers in a nightstand drawer that housekeeping had missed...but other than that the room was clean.

It wasn't a horrible experience by far, but I probably would not say here again. I've booked cheaper rooms before from other chains and was surprised at how nice the hotel/room was...this experience was more along of the lines of 'you get what you pay for.'

Room Tip: If you want to make sure that you have a fridge and microwave in the room maybe you should call rath...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

As a businessman who is on the road more than 40 weeks of the year, I am not easily impressed with my hotel stays. This is especially true for Super 8 where the quality often falls at or below mediocrity. However, my recent stay at the Super 8 - 540 N Milwaukee Ave in Prospect heights, IL has compelled me to offer my very first positive review of any hotel.
The first thing I noticed was the personal and professional manner in which the dsk clerk checked me in, calling me by my name and issueing a warm welcome. There were luggage carts and an elevator, and all common areas were well crubbed and cared for. The room had an irion and ironing board and was perfectly clean and very comfortable with towels, bedding and pillows that are usually found in pricier hotels. The wireles internet was very fast and reliable, and despite the number of guests that night, it was very quiet in my room.
Breakfast was about the same as most other lower priced hotels: Cold and hot cerals, bagels, muffins, juice, coffee (better than most I've tasted), and an assorment of fruit. The breakfast area itself was very clean and separated into 2 distinct areas, one of which had a large screen tv.
All the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and there were no unwanted or unwelcome surprises.
I would rate this particular hotel on or above the level of many of the higher priced hotels and would recommend it to anybody without reservation (no pun intended).

Charles B

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2011

It only cost $50 per night so it's difficult to be negative. This place caterers mainly to truck drivers. Staff are friendly-ish though disappointing they did not have any proper organisation of fridge rental. Breakfast was complimentary and very simple. A little too far from Chicago, to drive or park & ride. Next time I would choose a place closer to Cumberland Metro Park & Ride.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I saw that this hotel had good reviews about front desk staff, but was cheap etc.
It was indeed a very cheap place with good internet access!
There were lots of very questionable people staying there! None that I saw were violent, but I definitely saw people who shall we say looked like they were irresponsible, I think I also saw somebody smoking pot in the parkling lot etc. In some way this is not surprising, the place is the cheapest in the area, and is not close to downtown (in fact there is a cheaper one downtown) so this place won't attract college student travelers.
But the front desk staff WAS nice, the place was very clean when you consider what kind of people I saw staying there. So... don't stay there if you plan to walk around a 5 star hotel with business people as the other guests. but if you don't mind a cheap place and are willing to walk in in a t-shirt in jeans, I can recommend it. OH, one other thing, due to the kind of guests, I did have noise at night, including drunk yelling, so be aware of that. If you need a good night sleep, this might not be the best place. But the front desk staff are very nice, and I *hope* there are no guest against guest crimes there, but I would not gaurantee it from the kind of people that were around.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect Heights
0.1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
2.5 km away
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
2.7 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Glenview

Been to Motel 6 Prospect Heights IL? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK