“My whole group checked out the same day we checked in!”
Review of Super 8 Princeton

Super 8 Princeton
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My room had a terrible smell at the time of check in. I chose to ignore it and open the window to air it out, because that is where everyone I knew was staying. I went to use the washroom, my toilet wobbled, wash my hands, towels were stained, by the heater, hole in the wall. I was going to make the best of it. Went to walmart and bought towels, and did my best to ignore the rest. Until later in the evening I was sitting on the edge of the bed and seen a bug crawling up the wall. Grabbed a tissue to catch it, it was the BIGGEST COCKROACH I have ever seen. I took it to the front desk only to be told that the cleanest homes in America have cockroaches. Wrong answer! I can put up with a lot, but not bugs. I went back to my room to gather my belongings, only to see a whole lot more. I caught another one, and took it to the front desk. He(the owner), did his best to make me feel like I was an idiot, until a man in the lobby stood up on my defense with a video camera. I ultimately ended up getting my money refunded, as well as seeing about 15 other rooms check out at the same time as me due to the problems.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank LizH79

Reviewed 12 August 2010

I had an awful experience of spending night being bitten all night long and then suffered with huge very itchy allergic reaction to the bite that lasted for 4 days. I suspect fleas (from dogs?), or something else.

I was shown a room and given another at the checking in and then told that the room show had just been taken another person.

I have no problem with staff, moreover, they refunded fully the stay, however, no money can compensate for the suffering.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank travelerisme345
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Clean room, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff, great price. Wi-fi worked fine. Located north of I-80, away from restaurants and shopping (except the truck stop next door).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We were in Princeton for a friend's surprise birthday party. Our friend's mom booked the last two rooms at the Super 8 by stopping in and speaking to the management, couldn't find a single thing online. Come to find out there were two weddings in town, so that combined with Labor Day weekend we were at the Super 8 or we were driving pretty far to find a place to sleep.

It appears that the owners live at the motel, they were very nice. The room was fine, very basic but fine. My only issue was with the bed. Pink sheets! Sorry but it just creeps me out. Better yet, our friends down the hall had a King room and they had normal white sheets. Needless to say, appearing to be clean or not, I slept in sweat pants & long sleeves. Creepy.

The truck stop next door seemed to have some sketchy travelers passing through, but the restaurant was decent.

Would I stay again, probably not. The place was fine, but I'd try the AmericInn or whatever on the other side of the highway. Mainly because I hear it's nicer, maybe the sheets aren't pink! Not a bad place though, it's a decent motel option. Plus you get Wyndham rewards points.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2006

The rooms were clean, but you can hear absolutely everything. We were on the bottom floor and could hear every step above us. The ice machine was 2 rooms away and it might as well have been right in our room. We only paid $49... I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princeton
0.8 km away
Super 8 Mendota
#1 of 2 in Mendota
0.8 km away
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Princeton

Been to Super 8 Princeton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK