“Good inexpensive food”

Four Stars Family Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

I was in town overnight on a cross-country trip looking for a quick dinner. This place was near the hotel so we tried it. Great fried chicken, soup & salad an an incredible low price. Nothing fancy, just good food at a great value.

Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

On way back to OH, we spent the night in Peru. Anxious to be on our way, and planning to go thru McDs drive thru it was 10:32 AM and we were turned away. We saw this place across the street and we gave it a try. The waitress was attentive, coffee cup always full, and food plentiful. I had a great egg sandwich with cheese and sausage, and hubby had eggs, ham, American fries and toast. The coffee was a bit weak for me but otherwise it was all spot on. Hubby loved the generous slice of ham. We will stop again on the way through.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

Every time we come up to Illinois we go to Four Star. The food is always excellent and the prices are really good, you really get a lot of food for your money. Their homemade soups are always really good. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, no matter what time you go in, food is always great. The service can be touch and go, but I'm not going to hit them because someone was having a craptastic day. Well worth the trip and close to I-80 and Route 39. The decor hasn't changed, but it does not take away from the food at all, it's still a 24 hour diner, so don't expect fancy decorations, but the owners are always really nice and treat you like you have coming there for ever. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We patronize this restaurant frequently. The owner donates quite a few meals to various charities and he is always there to greet us when we walk in. They have pictures of all the high school kids on the wall and many local soldiers. Everybody knows everybody here. Frequent often.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place is right off of Rt. 80 and Rt. 251 on May Rd. Even though it is great for travelers, my wife and I eat here often. It has great food at good prices and the service is terrific. I love the omlets here and constantly order them. The coffee is delicious. A small juice is in a medium glass which is unusual in that most juices in most places come in tiny 'shot-like' sized glasses. This is a family-run business and I take most all our visitors there who visit us and want a fine breakfast. It is a casual place which is very comfortable. This review spans over many years and all the visits have been fine. You could surely assume that our having gone to this place as many times as we have, Four Star has repeatedly proven itself. Want a nice meal at a fair price? Stop by and enjoy.

Been to Four Stars Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK