“BETTER Than the COMPETITORS”
Review of Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs
Ranked #51 of 234 Restaurants in Orland Park
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Fire house sub is GOOD! A bit EXPENSIVE if you get a combo meal. If you like turkey and ham, I recommend the hero.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant about going here, but decided to give it a try. I ordered the Engineer and it was so very tasty. I’m glad I gave it a try and I’ve been going back every since.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We stopped at Firehouse Subs for lunch. It is located in the Lake View Plaza at the northwest corner of 159th St. and LaGrange Rd. Because it is in a fairly large strip shopping center, there is plenty of parking available. The restaurant is clean and well-kept and the staff is friendly and they were very efficient. We ordered a Virginia honey hame sub with provolone cheese. The bun was toasted which I do like. We also ordered a firehouse meatball sub. One of the nice things about the subs is that they do have different sizes. Prices are slightly higher than a subway, but the subs are very good and more than ample.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Firehouse Subs is a great stop. I usually prefer Subway, but what Robin wants, Robin gets. Firehouse Subs are well made and very tasty. The guy who took our order made it a point to tell us what each sub would have on it, and we could have picked or chosen what we did or did not want. I had the Club and it was meal! But what surprised me at this Firehouse was the salad I decided to try just on a whim and also because I was starved. The ingredients of my salad were arranged separately in a circle, and I just thought that was cool and unique. But I confess, I rarely order fast food salad so it may not be all that uncommon, but I do know it was very good and very fresh. If your shopping in Orland Park, stop in! Only critism is they don't offer a smaller size salad and not a big selection of dressings. A little pricey, yes, but not bad, and good food neutralizes price in my book!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We stopped in Firehouse Subs for lunch for the first time last weekend. The staff seemed friendly and welcomed us when we walked in. I ordered a medium sandwich and my boyfriend ordered a medium sandwich meal (chips and a drink). He asked for cherry peppers to be added and the girl at the counter warned him that they were "extremely hot." We've both had cherry peppers before and they aren't "that" hot. We asked if they were different from regular cherry peppers and she said she didn't know, but theirs were extremely hot. He ordered them anyway.

The subs were ready in about 5 minutes. The sandwiches were tasty, but smaller than what I would have expected for the price. I asked my boyfriend if the peppers were too hot, and he said no...no hotter than a normal pepper. I had the chicken bacon ranch sub and it was good, but seemed very soggy due to the amount of sauce they put on it....made it very messy to eat. I went through a couple napkins while eating (not typical when eating a sub).

Overall the food was good, but the prices seemed a bit steep for the size of the sandwich. I feel like I could get a less soggy, bigger sandwich for less money at another well known sandwich shop.