Lowest prices for your stay
$191
Free cancellation until 04/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
$183
Hotels.com
$183
Priceline$191
Travelocity$183
Official Website$184
All reviews the frank lloyd wright motor court unity temple small kitchenette older hotel main building front desk staff el train stay there again within walking distance historic hotel fridge and microwave coffee maker comfortable rooms very nice hotel lobby chicago
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2022

Wonderfully huge king bedroom PLUS kitchen, dining area, dressing room and bathroom. Lots of space, lots of seating, lots of charm. Hotel was quiet and restful the night I stayed. Staff were terrific and the neighbourhood is lovely -- nearby are the Frank Lloyd Wright masterpiece Unity Temple and also his first home and studio. Highly recommended if you have any interest in architecture, design, or art.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2022 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel over five times and it’s charm has turned to just run down.

When I checked in today the front desk clerk didn’t even look me in the eye once.

All of the furniture is starting to look like pieces that were labeled “Free” on the side of the road.

And, I’m here on business and couldn’t get any WiFi in my room. When I called the front desk for assistance I was told “I don’t know what to tell you.”

The greasy restaurant downstairs is making the hotel smell like a grease pit.

Won’t stay here again.

Room tip: Not great for business.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2022

Great stay in a comfortable, spacious room, well-located for our itinerary. Free parking in an adjacent lot a major plus Altogether very pleasant. Would definitely stay there again on my next trip to the area.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2022 via mobile

Charming, iconic hotel. Great location in Oak Park. Very spacious rooms. Modern bathroom. Would recommend if staying in Oak Park. A definite plus is free parking. They have several parking lots and you are given a parking pass for your windshield.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2022

I had my wedding hotel block at the Carleton in late August and had a wonderful experience. Katie Fox was a fantastic contact and helped make the process seamless. The hotel is centrally located, clean, and has a charm to it.

Date of stay: August 2022