All reviews green line motor inn the main hotel frank lloyd wright downtown chicago hotel section unity temple older hotel two sinks kitchen area refrigerator and microwave front desk staff train station within walking distance attached restaurant historic hotel room was large
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Made hotel our headquarters for 5 days. It served the purpose well. The place was fairly clean except for a corner by the bath tub. It was close to public transportation so that our car could stay parked in the area provided by the hotel. I’ll keep the number handy for our next reservation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rose M
Reviewed 3 October 2017

What a find! We had our 40th class reunion at the Carleton. Amazing food, beautiful atmosphere and great bartender. We stayed in the main hotel and the room was wonderful. The hotel is perfectly located off of 290 West so it is very easy to find. Downtown Oak Park is at your fingertips. I wish I had another party to go to so we could stay there again. 10 Stars for The Carleton!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank AIPC
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Shared a double-double in the motor lodge side of the Carleton while visiting the Frank Lloyd Wright house and museum. Comfortable, clean, cool retro decor and great staff. Terrific rate that includes parking. Would come back again in a minute. Dinner on the patio at Barclays at the hotel was also very good - the shrimp and grits, barbecue ribs and flatbread pizza were amazing.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank Ann B
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The Carlton is situated in the heart of downtown Oak Park. The hotel is fixed in a time warp from the 1920’s and has a feeling of permanence.

Unfortunately the carpet in our appeared to have been the original and the room had the mouldy smell of the rare book section of a library. The room was large clean and comfortable – but dated

The main lobby is sunken so there is no easy way to get suitcases from the curb to the elevator. The highlight of the stay was the outdoor curbside restaurant that served standard American fare in a pleasant setting.

In all it was an economical choice that was centrally located and met our needs for a place to stay while visiting friends

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FunOnly
Reviewed 19 August 2017

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Carleton in July. They were absolutely amazing to work with. We were able to use their beautiful ballroom for dinner and dancing, as well as a gorgeous 1920s looking bar, a sitting room and a larger event room for our cocktail hour and just as extra space for our guests to mingle in, relax, and have a great time.

The hotel has a vintage beauty to it, which worked perfectly with our Art Deco wedding theme. Candice coordinated all the details of the day perfectly. She was so on top of everything, handled details with my vendors, let me drop off decorations at any point the week before the wedding, set everything up perfectly, and then boxed it all up for us after the wedding for pick-up at our convenience. She made the craziness that is wedding planning as stress free as possible.

The food was wonderful, we received compliments from all our guests on their dinners. The service the entire night was quick and discreet. Every last detail was taken care of beautifully and exactly as I wished.

My husband and I received a free stay in their honeymoon suite the night of our wedding, which was a beautiful space. We both appreciated the jacuzzi tub the next morning after a very long day and a night full of dancing.

I found their prices to be very reasonable. If you're in Chicago and planning your wedding and are balking at Chicago wedding prices, consider looking a little further west to Oak Park and the Carleton. They made our wedding truly unforgettable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sassypandacafe
CarletonGM, General Manager at The Carleton of Oak Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to hear that your wedding was truly unforgettable and we were honored to host your event. Best wishes to the both of you.