“Birthday dinner”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Description: After four years of planning and construction, Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant opened in 2005 in Orland Park, a south suburb of Chicago. The concept was unique. We would create a signature menu with a selection of dishes designed to pair perfectly with our own Cooper's Hawk wines, made in our own private winery. With sophisticated food and exceptional wines, our concept was born.
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

First visit here and I was absolutely thrilled. Glad I had the mind to call ahead, because they were busy on a Tuesday night. This shortened our wait time to around 10 minutes and we were promptly seated. Unfamiliar with the wines served here our server Nicole W was extremely helpful in choosing our wine for the evening. She was very knowledgeable about the various wines available and offered samples to assist us in our final decision.The appetizers were delicious. I was also pleased with my dinner selection. They have a variety of meals and wines as well as other drinks that are not too pricy. I enjoyed my dinner celebration at this location. And I would gladly visit again. Hats off to our delightful server Nicole W she exemplifies outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I've never had a bad meal here and always enjoy the food and atmosphere. Service is usually excellent except when they are really busy.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

This is a great place to eat and hangout. I have been to other Cooper's Hawk's before and enjoyed the experience. However, my visit to the Oak Lawn location was a step above.

I went with a friend that is a Wine Club member. We decided to enjoy the wine tasting first, because as a member you get 2 free wine tastings a month. Members can use these tasting together or separately. We got to taste 6 different wines (if i remember correctly.) They have featured wines they suggest, but they will let you taste any of the wines they have available. David and Ken were very attentive and informative. We will be back, because I joined the Wine Club too. Very reasonable!

We did have dinner, and it was delicious. I ordered an Appetizer Chopped Wedge Salad and the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps. The Chopped Wedge Salad was a party in my mouth! The layers of flavor were fantastic. The blend of the vinaigrette with the blue cheese was amazing. I had several explosions of the large bits bacon that the finished in my nose and had me pausing to enjoy it. I was amazed at the size for $7. I was not done with the salad when my Lettuce Wraps arrived. I went to eat the Lettuce Wraps, and they were good. However, I realized they would travel better than my salad, and I didn't want to waste any of that deliciousness. I ate as much as could, but I left the back have of the lettuce, because I was so full. GET THE SALAD!

I was right. I had the lettuce wraps for lunch the next day and they were still good. Even the formerly crunchy wontons didn't offend me, and I HATE soggy. My friend order her normal Ahi Tuna, and she loved it. The featured Crab and Lobster Bisque she order and was kind enough to let me taste, will be part of my dinner next time. Fantastic!

Lastly and very important, the service was fantastic. Juan was our fabulous waiter, but we saw at least three other people in the process of receiving our food and drinks. Cooper's Hawk has their processes down to a science to make their customer experiences very close to a 10. Additionally, my friend initially ordered the wrong Ahi Tuna dish and everyone was very accommodating to make sure she enjoyed her meal. They took away the first dish and brought her out what she meant to order and enjoyed immensely. The service and consideration was greatly appreciated.

If you are wondering if you should go, DO IT!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

After going to the Orland Park location last year and having horrible experience, we decided to try out the Oak Lawn location. We did receive 2 free entrees so we decided not to go back to Orland Park. We gave Oak Lawn location a try! Our reservation was at 7:30pm, we were seated early. All the employees were so friendly and helpful. The service was great and the food was excellent. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Visited this place for a girls lunch. Draws quite a crowd. Guess it's the wine. Not a big sipper so the food is of great importance to me. Can't remember what I ordered, hence the title of my review. Place has a great atmosphere but the food doesn't match. It's just so so. I guess it depends on what you like. I've been a total of three times and I must say, I don't have to go back.