All reviews polo lounge modern amenities live entertainment beautiful hotel old school the entire staff downtown chicago excellent stay the entire hotel grounds are beautiful staff was friendly wedding reception bed was very comfortable business trip golf course brunch juan
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a really excellent lunch at the Drake Hotel today. Filet mignon, asparagus and mashed potatoes. Our waiter/server was Abel. He was friendly and took good care of us. We definitely will be back for lunch again. By the way, the presentation of our meal was beautiful with an orchid on the plate. Thanks for a great experience.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
The Drake Oak B... F, Front Office Manager at The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much! We can't wait to share your kind regards with Abel as well as our chefs in the kitchen! We believe that presentation is crucial to enjoying a tasty meal, so we are incredibly delighted that you enjoyed that extra touch! Thank you so much!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I visited the bar area also known as Polo Lounge on Wednesday 10/24 with five other business partners. We shared a couple of appetizers and had a couple of cocktails. The food and service were amazing. Juan the bartender was very attentive and knowledgeable about the food and drinks. However, there was a terrible pounding noise coming from the room next to the bar that made us take out meeting elsewhere. Frankly, it's wonderful if they're making upgrades to the hotel, but management should be more considerate towards their guests.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Jeff M, Front Office Manager at The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and the service from Juan. He's wonderful to have on the team and our chefs are also very talented. It's our goal to ensure all of our guests have a great experience here, which our staff is working very hard to accomplish through our updates. Our challenge is choosing the optimal time to do work as there is likely guests enjoying our facility at any given moment dining in our restaurant, having cocktails in the lounge like yourself, or having an event in one of our spaces.

We're excited to become part of the Marriott Autograph Collection by early 2019, which is the purpose behind all of our work. We are very sorry for the noise causing you to take your meeting elsewhere. We do hope you can join us after the work is complete to once again experience our great service in a newly transformed space. It would be our pleasure to have you back. Please reach out to me directly. I would be happy to assist!

Thanks again for your review. Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I came from Jordan to visit Loyola University Chicago and ANL. My stay in Drake hotel was amazing I liked the room it was clean and comfort. I would like to thank the front office ladies for their help especially Alexandra she was amazing. Next time will choose this hotel again

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Quest17119840772
The Drake Oak B... F, Front Office Manager at The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Thank you so much! We were absolutely delighted hosting you during your previous stays with us.

It was such a pleasure meeting you and talking with you! I am so honored that I helped make your stay more special. I hope to welcome you back to Oak Brook very soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I grew up in the Chicago area and the Drake was always a special place. On a recent visit after many years, we decided to stay there. The room was fine. A couple of things were wrong that couldn't be corrected because there were two weddings at the hotel the night we stayed. I was a bit disappointed that the staff could not take care of the problems but understand that they were a bit overwhelmed. I don't think I would not recommend the Drake but it didn't meet my expectations.

Date of stay: October 2018

Thank you for your review. We deeply regret hearing that our team was not able to take care of your needs. We would love to speak with you so that we can fix this. Please give us a call at your leisure.

Front Desk supervisor
630.571.0000 ext. 1

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The staff is very helpful and friendly. The food is great and had specials in the bar that were discounted. Both Friday and Saturday there was live entertainment.

The hotel carpet is quite old, and they are remodeling. The room was clean and comfortable with a frig at no charge and all the amenities you could think of.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much! We are so delighted that you enjoyed our food and our specials! We take pride in our property and are so glad that you appreciated our hotel! We hope to welcome you back soon!